アプリ版:「スタンプのみでお礼する」機能のリリースについて

[実戦篇]英作文のトレーニングという参考書には合格解答例と模範解答例が2つずつのってるんですが、模範解答のほうはむずかしく感じます。勉強を続けていけば合格解答は書けそうですが、模範解答を読むとこんな英訳できるようになるのかと気持ち滅入ります。合格解答レベルが書ければ入試は問題ありませんが、これから5年後10年後に模範解答ぐらいのが書けるようになるかということをお聞きしたいです。

参考書の模範解答を一個写してみます。英検一級をもっている人にとってはこのくらいは余裕なんですか?

朝刊が休みの日は手持ちぶさただ。いつもはあわただしい朝の時間が特に長く感じられる。しかし、朝のコーヒーを楽しみ、駅までゆったりと歩けるのはこの日だけだ。休刊日もまんざら捨てたものではない。

On mornings when there is no moring newspaper, you don’t know what to do with the unaccustomed spare time. The morning, which normally passes so quickly, seems to drag. However, this is a good chance to enjoy a morning cup of coffee and still have plenty of time to walk to the station. Days without a morning paper have their own merit.

A 回答 (4件)

>There must be several ways to write good English. One of them is to write as many sentences as possible in English. Another is to read as many good sentences written by good writers as possible.

Others you should find for yourself.

Hope this helps.
    • good

I'm afraid there aren't so many people who are 'qualified' to answer your question, which means that very few of the respondents here can satisfy the standard you set on your own.

It is good, however, to know that there are lots of people who can translate the Japanese you showed in your question into good English, whether they have passed the 1st grade Eiken or not.

~~~ I usually don't have many things to do on the mornings when there are no daily papers delivered. It seems to me that such mornings without papers which would otherwise be much busier tend to pass much more slowly. These are, however, the only days when I can enjoy a few nice cups of morning coffee and take my time in strolling to the station. Days without papers are not so bad as they might be thought. ~~~

There must be several ways to write good English. One of them is to write as many sentences as possible in English. Another is to read as many good sentences written by good writers as possible.

I hope this helps your English improve and you have a number of satisfactory replies.
    • good
この回答へのお礼

ありがとうございます。

>It is good, however,
>to know that there are lots of people
>who can translate the Japanese
>you showed in your question into good English,
>whether they have passed the 1st grade Eiken or not.

ここの回答者の英作力はかなり低いって、皮肉な人はに受け取られませんか。

お礼日時:2010/11/22 21:49

英検1級ではなく準1級所持者ですけど、これぐらいなら英検1級でなくとも大丈夫かなと思います。

極めて難しい語彙があるわけでもなさそうですからね。
    • good

さあね、模範解答でさえ私にはベストな文には思えませんけどね。

例えば「手持ちぶさた」も
よく考えたつもりでしょうけど、冗長だし、もっと簡潔で比喩的な表現を使った方が文も活きるんですけどね。問題作成者も twiddle one's thumbsという表現を知らなかったようです。
それから、“On mornings when there is no morning newspaper”は “On mornings wuthout morning newspaper”というようにもうちょっと簡潔にできます。最後に、“Days without a morning paper have their own merit”の部分も「まんざら」のニュアンスを出し切れていません。

しかしそれにしても、この質問のタイトルが高飛車で気に入りませんね。

この回答への補足

>しかしそれにしても、この質問のタイトルが高飛車で気に入りませんね。

タイトルに刺激されないように英語力アップを目指して頑張ってください!

補足日時:2010/11/22 21:48
    • good

お探しのQ&Aが見つからない時は、教えて!gooで質問しましょう!