プロが教える店舗&オフィスのセキュリティ対策術

What was recording at the University of York Music Research Centre like?

After a day or so of getting the technical setup out of the way, the rest of the time was mostly smooth and really fun. I’d often spend the morning working, break for lunch with everyone, and then work until dinner, break for dinner, and then head back into the studio by myself after midnight and work for a couple more hours. Because I was concentrating on collecting source material for the album I didn’t feel an enormous pressure to get everything right. I recorded hours and hours of material but it didn’t matter if some of it wasn’t as good as others, as it was all material I could pick apart later. It didn’t have to be perfect which made the whole experience that much more relaxed and freed me up to try various things I wouldn’t have otherwise tried. Besides music, we took some time off to drive around the English countryside, ate a lot of amazing food and hit the pub every night, discovering a great German beer that no one else liked … except Theo!

この文章のほぼ全ては理解できるのですが、少しわからないところがあります。

Q1  I recorded hours and hours of material but it didn’t matter if some of it wasn’t as good as others, as it was all material I could pick apart later. It didn’t have to be perfect which made the whole experience that much more relaxed and freed me up to try various things I wouldn’t have otherwise tried.

私は素材のレコーディングに何時間も何時間もかけた。しかし、仮にレコーディングした素材のいくつかが、他のものほど良くなくてもそれは問題ではなかった。

この次の、as it was all material I could pick apart later.ですが、
ここがよくわかりません。このasはなぜならばとして訳せばよいでしょうか?
それと、it was all that material which I could pick apart later.が正式な文章ですよね?

次のセンテンスのitはレコーディングした素材のことで、レコーディングした素材が完璧である必要は無い。までで、やはり構造的にどうも理解できないです。

perfectを先行詞としたwhichの文章
experienceを先行詞としたthatの文章
そしてそれ以降があやふやです・・・。

長くなってしまいましたが、よろしくお願いいたします。

A 回答 (1件)

お示しの訳文の部分は問題ないと思います。

> このasは 「なぜならば」 として訳せばよいでしょうか?

つまり、「理由」 を表しているということですね。私もそうだと思います。

> as it was all material I could pick apart later

私が仮に訳せば、

とにかく全部の素材を整えておけば、後からばらすことが出来ますからね。

> it was all that material which I could pick apart later .が正式な文章ですよね?

all material が 「すべての素材」 という意味なら、必ずしも that は必要ないような気がしますけれど・・・

> 次のセンテンスの it はレコーディングした素材のことで

そうも取れるし、「録音作業」 のことを指しているとも取れるような気がしました。

> It didn't have to be perfect which made the whole experience that much more relaxed and freed me up to try various things I wouldn't have otherwise tried.

あくまでも私の読みですが、私はまず which は It didn't have to be perfect のことだと理解しました。
つまり、[That it didn't have to be perfect] [made] [the whole experience] [relaxed ...] で、S + V + O + C の構造だと見ました (最後の C は正しいかどうか分りませんけれども)。

the whole experience は、「録音作業」 のことだとすると、

完璧なものである必要はないのだと思えば、気楽な気持ちで録音作業をすることができました。

のような内容だと分ります。
実際の文には much more が入っているので、「随分と楽な気持ちで」 とでも修正する必要があるかもしれませんけど。

それだけ楽な気持ちで作業に没頭出来たからこそ、「他の時には考えられないようなことまで試してみようという気になったのです」 ということになったわけです。
    • good
この回答へのお礼

bakanskyさんアドバイスありがとうございます。

確かに、all materialで良いですね・・・。そこにthatが入る必要性はないですね・・・。

それと次の質問ですが、

That it didn't have to be perfect] [made] [the whole experience] [relaxed ...] で、S + V + O + C
これで大分とおりがよくなりました。ここでまたじっくりと考えてみます。
こう言った部分を見抜く力を早く身につけたい・・・・。
また分からないところがあれば質問させていただきます。

ありがとうございました。

お礼日時:2011/01/26 04:51

お探しのQ&Aが見つからない時は、教えて!gooで質問しましょう!