アプリ版:「スタンプのみでお礼する」機能のリリースについて

Why Chinese Mothers Are Superiorという記事の日本語訳を教えてください。よろしくお願いします。
A lot of people wonder how Chinese parents raise such stereotypically successful kids. They wonder what these parents do to produce so many math whizzes and music prodigies, what it's like inside the family, and whether they could do it too. Well, I can tell them, because I've done it. Here are some things my daughters, Sophia and Louisa, were never allowed to do:
I'm using the term "Chinese mother" loosely. I know some Korean, Indian, Jamaican, Irish and Ghanaian parents who qualify too. Conversely, I know some mothers of Chinese heritage, almost always born in the West, who are not Chinese mothers, by choice or otherwise. I'm also using the term "Western parents" loosely. Western parents come in all varieties.
All the same, even when Western parents think they're being strict, they usually don't come close to being Chinese mothers. For example, my Western friends who consider themselves strict make their children practice their instruments 30 minutes every day. An hour at most. For a Chinese mother, the first hour is the easy part. It's hours two and three that get tough.
Despite our squeamishness about cultural stereotypes, there are tons of studies out there showing marked and quantifiable differences between Chinese and Westerners when it comes to parenting. In one study of 50 Western American mothers and 48 Chinese immigrant mothers, almost 70% of the Western mothers said either that "stressing academic success is not good for children" or that "parents need to foster the idea that learning is fun." By contrast, roughly 0% of the Chinese mothers felt the same way. Instead, the vast majority of the Chinese mothers said that they believe their children can be "the best" students, that "academic achievement reflects successful parenting," and that if children did not excel at school then there was "a problem" and parents "were not doing their job."

A 回答 (1件)

多くの人々は、どのようにして、中国の親が、そのような型通りに成功した子供を育てるかしらと思っています。

彼らは、これらの両親がそれほど多くの数学天才や音楽の天才を作り出すために何をしているのか、そうすることが家族内でどのようか、そして、彼らがそうすることができたかどうかということも疑問に思っています。さて、私はそういうことをしたので、私は彼らに教えることができます。 以下に私の娘、ソフィアとルイザが、決してすることを許されなかったことがあります:
私は緩く「中国人の母親」という用語を使用しています。 私はまた、そうした資格がありそうな韓国、インド、ジャマイカ、アイルランド、ガーナの親を知っています。逆に、私は自ら選ぶかまたは他の理由で、中国人の母親ではないような、たいていは西洋生まれの、華僑の母親も知っています。私は、また、緩く「西洋人の親」という用語を使用しています。 西洋人の親にはあらゆるタイプがあります。
それでもなお、西洋人の親が自分たちが厳しいと思うときでも、彼らはたいてい中国人の母親ほどではありません。例えば、自分たちが厳しいと考えている私の西洋人の友人は、自分たちの子供に楽器を毎日30分練習させます。最大で1時間です。中国人の母親にとっては、最初の1時間は楽な部分で、きつくなるのは2,3時間です。
文化的固定観念を私たちが嫌っているにもかかわらず、子育てと言う話になると、中国人と西洋人の際立った、定量化可能な相違を示す膨大な研究が、世の中にはあります。50人の西洋人のアメリカ人の母親と48人の中国人の移民の母親へのある研究では、「学問的成功を強調するのは子供にとってよくない、あるいは、両親は、学習がおもしろいという考えを伸ばす必要があります」と、西洋人の母親のほぼ70%は言いました。対照的に、同様の感じ方をしていた中国人の母親は、ほぼ0%でした。その代わりに、中国人の母親の大部分が、自分の子供は「最も優秀な」学生になることができる、また、「学力達成度はうまくいっている子育ての反映である」そして、子供が学校で優れていなかったなら「問題」があるのであり、親は「親の仕事していない」のだと信じていました。
    • good
この回答へのお礼

ありがとうございます。

お礼日時:2011/04/10 20:07

お探しのQ&Aが見つからない時は、教えて!gooで質問しましょう!