アプリ版:「スタンプのみでお礼する」機能のリリースについて

Since the Fukushima accident we have seen a stream of experts on radiation telling us not to worry, that the doses are too low, that the accident is nothing like Chernobyl and so forth. They appear on television and we read their articles in the newspapers and online. Fortunately the majority of the public don’t believe them. I myself have appeared on television and radio with these people; one example was Ian Fells of the University of Newcastle who, after telling us all on BBC News that the accident was nothing like Chernobyl (wrong), and the radiation levels of no consequence (wrong), that the main problem was that there was no electricity and that the lifts didn’t work. “ If you have been in a situation when the lifts don’t work, as I have” he burbled on, “you will know what I mean.” You can see this interview on youtube and decide for yourself.
What these people have in common is ignorance. You may think a professor at a university must actually know something about their subject. But this is not so. Nearly all of these experts who appear and pontificate have not actually done any research on the issue of radiation and health. Or if they have, they seem to have missed all the key studies and references. I leave out the real baddies, who are closely attached to the nuclear industry, like Richard Wakeford, or Richard D as he calls himself on the anonymous website he has set up to attack me, “chrisbusbyexposed”.

Ian Fells of the University of Newcastle whoとありますが、whoを受ける動詞はどれですか?

telling us all on BBC News とありますが、tellingの目的節がthat以下になって最後のthatはand that
になるはずと思うのですが、どうもそのようになってない。and that the lifts didn’t workのand that は the main problem was に対するthatですよね?

最後に、liftと“chrisbusbyexposed”の意味が分かりません。

A 回答 (2件)

省略されてしまったようですね。

that the main problem

の前に,told us と言いたかったんでしょうが,その前にtelling us とあるので,繰り返すと,しつこいと思って落としたんでしょう。学術論文などでは,繰り返す動詞の省略は,よく見ます。

chrisbusbyexposed
は,
chris busby exposed
ですね。

下記サイトの文を見てください。
http://theintelhub.com/2011/03/30/dr-chris-busby …

Chris Busby博士の記事ですね。
Wikipedia にも載ってる有名なイギリスの科学者です。

exposed
は,被爆,です。

ここでも,見出し語のように,was が省略です。しかも人名が小文字。チャットの早打ちみたいです。

正確には

Chris Busby was (あるいは,is) exposed.
です。

lift
はイギリス英語で,エレベーターのことです。
    • good
この回答へのお礼

回答ありがとうございます。
学術論文ではよく省略されるのですか?
その他のことも含めてよく解りました。

お礼日時:2011/05/06 04:56

>whoを受ける動詞はどれですか?

said が省略されいる。本来ならば
Iran Fells who said, ” If you have been in a situation when ~
に繋がる文章だと考える。
be動詞の省略はよくあるが・・・一般動詞の省略は文法解釈として正しいかどうか分からない。

> that the accident was nothing like Chernobyl (wrong), and the radiation levels of no consequence (wrong), that the main problem was that there was no electricity and that the lifts didn’t work
わかりやすくするために上記文の括弧をなくすと

that the accident was nothing like Chernobyl and the radiation levels of no consequence, that the main problem was that there was no electricity and that the lifts didn’t work

A, B and C ( British style) 
A = that the accident was nothing like Chernobyl, and the radiation levels of no consequence,
B = that the main problem was that there was no electricity
and
C = that the lifts didn’t work
(A, B, and C は American style)

>最後に、liftと“chrisbusbyexposed”の意味が分かりません。
lifts
添付辞書の8番や10番かな
瓦礫ので”物を持ち上げる重機”が機能しなかった
停電のためにエレベータ等の物を運ぶ機能が使えなかった

chrisbusbyexposed
下記のウェブサイトを示しているはず。
http://junksciencewatch.wordpress.com/