プロが教えるわが家の防犯対策術!

Now the bar is set at 2.24 meters. There were two jumpers for this height,but one of them already failed. Now American Dick Fosbury is on his third and last try. If he clears this height,he will get the gold medal and set a new Olympic record. The spectators are watching him anxiously and curiously. He has been using quite a strange style of jumping.
Now he has started running to the bar. His head,his shoulder,his back,and now his legs go over the bar! Yes! He did it! The spectators are giving him a standing ovation. Congratulations,Dick Fosbury,the new Olympic high jump champion!

Fosbury was born in Oregon in 1947. He was only 16 when he started using his new technique. He was having trouble learning the standard technique called the straddle. His legs just weren’t strong enough. Having rather skinny legs,Fosbury was searching for an alternative way to raise his body as high as possible. He found the answer in his Fosbury Flop. It gradually helped him to break his own record. In 1964, the Fosbury Fiop attracted media attention,but it was mainly for it strange style. People didn’t realize its potential yet. One newspaper captioned his picture,”World’s Laziest High Jumper”

Even after Fosbury won the gold medal in the 1968 Mexico City Olympics,the Fosbury Flop was still considered a dangerous way of jumping. Four years later,in the Munich Olympics,however,28 of the 40 high jump competitors used this new technique. Today it used by almost all high jumpers.
Fosbury himself is quite modest about his achievements. He said,”I was able to win the gold medal since I was supported and encouraged by my coach and teammates.” After returning from Mxico,Fosbury decided to become an engineer.”It was not a difficult decision at all. I was quite satisfied since I achieved more than what I had expected.”

A 回答 (1件)

今バーの高さは2m24cmです。

この高さまで二人のジャンパーがいましたが、すでに1人は失敗しています。さあ、アメリカ人ディック・フォスベリーが3度目、最後の試技となります。もし彼がこの高さをクリアすれば、金メダル獲得、そしてオリンピック新記録になります。観客は心配そうに、そして興味津々で彼をみつめています。彼は実に独特のジャンプスタイルを用いてきました。
さあ、彼がバーに向かって走り出しました。頭、肩、背中、そして今足がバーを超えました! やりました! 観客がスタンディング・オベーションで彼をたたえています。おめでとう、ディック・フォスベリー、新しいオリンピック走り高跳びチャンピオンの誕生です!

フォスベリーは1947年、オレゴンに生まれました。彼が高跳びの新しい跳躍をやり始めた時彼は弱冠16歳でした。ベリーロールと呼ばれる一般的な跳躍がうまくできずにいました。彼の足が十分に力強くなかったからです。ジャンパーとして細すぎる足だったので、フォスベリーは自分の体を可能な限り高くあげる別の方法を探し続けました。それが彼の「フォスベリーフロップ(=背面跳び)」だったのです。この跳躍は徐々に自身の記録更新につながりました。1964年、フォスベリーフロップがメディアに取り上げられます。しかしその主な理由は風変わりな跳躍だったからです。人々はまだ背面跳びがどれほど可能性のあることか気づいていませんでした。ある新聞は彼の写真に「世界で一番手抜きのハイジャンパー」との見出しをつけました。

1968年のメキシコオリンピックでフォスベリーが金メダルを獲得したあとでさえ、フォスベリーフロップは危険な跳び方と考えられていました。しかし4年後のミュンヘンオリンピックでは、40人の高跳び選手のうち28人がこの方式を用いました。今日、ほとんどの高跳び選手がこれを採用しています。
フォスベリー自身は自分の功績に対して非常に控えめです。彼は「コーチとチームメイトが私を支え、励ましてくれたから私は金メダルを取ることができたんです」と言っていました。メキシコに戻ってから、フォスベリーはエンジニアになると決めました。「全然難しい決断ではありませんでした。自分が考えていた以上の結果を出せたのでとても満足したんです。」
    • good

お探しのQ&Aが見つからない時は、教えて!gooで質問しましょう!