アプリ版:「スタンプのみでお礼する」機能のリリースについて

Oxford Dictionaries を読んでいると、「Lie(verb)」の用例として、
"The police later lied and said he had damaged the bus."
と書いてあります。

それならば、次のような応用例は正しいのでしょうか。
1.The Chinese government lied and announced that Chinese people has the right to freedom of speech.
2.He lied to every young woman and told he was an eligible bachelor.

よろしくお願いします。

A 回答 (2件)

検索しました。

実例はたくさんあります。
ごく一部だけ引用します。

1. ... lied and announced that ...
Only two states agreed but thye simply [lied and announced] that it had received the required majority and the bill was passed.

After all these events, Maximian became angry, because he had no power and at Arles, where he was sent to defend against attacks by Maxentius, he [lied and announced] that Constantine was dead, so he dressed himself in the purple robes that only the emperor wore, and took part of Constantine’s army, through promises of donations to soldiers.

Following her advice, Marie Antoinette lied and announced that the heir of France was on way.

When confronted with this evidence by the Russians, President Dwight Eisen hower lied and announced that the plane's pilot, Gary Powers, was not a spy.

Andrew Breitbart's site lied and announced that I thought it was "funny to watch" Tobin get hit. Actually, what I said on Miller's show was that "no one should be hitting any reporters or anything like that."

The royal family then blatantly lied to the world and announced that Eddy had sadly passed away at the age of only 28, on the 14th January 1892 due to influenza, but of course Eddy was still alive and being held in Balmoral Castle having not yet made the final move to Glamis.

2. ... lied to every young woman and told ...
(tell には間接目的語があった方がいいでしょう)
I lied to them and told them that I was friends with this girl that I'm actually not friends with.

Once at the creek, I lied to them and told them that Franklin had slipped in. His body was found, below the falls, later that night.

I lied and told someone, "I can't go to your party I have diarrhea." I actually do have diarrhea but historically that hasn't stopped me.

I lied and told her that I wasn't coming then.

Instead she lied and told Darisha that she would handle it. However, once the rest ofus were in the gym she said, “If I have to suffer and come to Physical Education class, then she has to suffer too.”

I then lied and told him that animal control was going around the neighborhood and fining $1,000 to anyone who had their dog on a chain. He didn't believe me and basically told me to “fuck off.”
    • good
この回答へのお礼

ありがとうございます。

>2. ... lied to every young woman and told ...
(tell には間接目的語があった方がいいでしょう)

2.He lied to every young woman and told them that he was an eligible bachelor.
でいいですか?

ところで、多くの実例を、どうやって検索されたのですか??

お礼日時:2016/04/28 20:03

https://oshiete.goo.ne.jp/qa/9250648.html

こちらでお答えした通りです。

日本語では「〜と嘘を言った」
と言いますが、lie は自動詞でしかなく
lie という動詞だけでどんな内容の嘘かを表すことができません。

だから、他の「言う」を表す動詞で
直接話法、あるいは間接話法で that 節を内容として表し、
and でつなげたり、when を使って表すことができます。
    • good