アプリ版:「スタンプのみでお礼する」機能のリリースについて

I don’t like dogs. I am kind to animals I meet and can appreciate a cute face or a good personality, but, in truth, my preferred level of interaction with dogs is pictures of dogs, which are inert and at which I may glance momentarily before passing by. My best friend of many years has a dog to which she is very attached. Although I do not understand this relationship, I am glad it brings her joy. The problem is she seems to have the expectation that I also love her dog.

After several years in strict pet-free living circumstances, I am preparing to move to a building that is pet-friendly. My friend is already making plans to bring her dog on visits. I have nothing against the dog—it brings my friend happiness and behaves fine—but I have enjoyed living pet-free, with all the cleanliness that confers.

ここでのinertの訳し方と、all the cleanliness that confersの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

A 回答 (1件)

inert は「動かない」

all the cleanliness that confers は「それ(ペットがいないこと)がもたらす清潔さ」

私は犬が嫌いだ。私は、動物に会えば優しくするし、顔の可愛さや性格の良さも理解できるが、正直なところ、犬との付き合いは、動かない犬の写真とくらいにして、すれ違ったときにちらっと目をやっても良いなというくらいにしておきたい。私の長年の親友は犬を飼っていて、その犬にとても愛着を持っている。私には彼女たちの感覚は理解できないが、犬が彼女に幸せをもたらしていることを喜んでいる。問題は、彼女が私も犬を好きだと思っているらしいことだ。

ペットが全くいない住環境で数年過ごした後、私はペットに優しい環境の家に引っ越そうとしている。私の友達は、遊びに来る時に犬を連れてこようと、もう計画を立てている。私は犬に何の異論も無い。犬は彼女をハッピーにするし、行儀もいい。でも私は、ペット無しの環境での、清潔な生活が楽しいのだ。
    • good
この回答へのお礼

ご丁寧にありがとうございます

お礼日時:2018/05/03 21:35

お探しのQ&Aが見つからない時は、教えて!gooで質問しましょう!