プロが教えるわが家の防犯対策術!

問題
「あなたが億万長者で、何か新しい賞のための基金を設けようとしたと考える。どのような人やどのような功績に対して賞を与えたいかを、その理由とともに70語程度の英語で述べなさい。」
回答
「I`d like to give a prize to the educators who had the greatest influence on the career choice of the winnners of an existing major prize, such as the Nobel prize.This is because without these mentors, the prizewinners might not have exercised their abilities to the full and accomplished what they did.The spotlight should be put not only on the prizewinners but also on those who brought out their potential.」

A 回答 (3件)

なかなかユニークな発想で、いいですね。

1)第一文はもう少しすっきりさせた方がよいでしょう。少しパンチが弱くなっています。
  とくに career choice 云々の部分は、授賞理由としてどのへんを指すのか曖昧ですし、
  influence という語は、このように教師が主語の場合、やはり人を対象にしたほうが
  よいでしょう。
2)prize という語が多用されていますので、award なども取り入れましょう。
  なお Nobel Prize は、P も大文字にしてくださいね。
3)spotlight を「当てる」は、put でも良いですが、shed / cast / focused などのほうが
  普通だと思います(shed や cast は過去分詞と原形は同じ形です)。
冒頭の I would like to を I would にしたのは、「わたしならこうする」という仮定法の感じを出すためです。

ご参考までに:

I WOULD give AN AWARD to the educators who HAVE had the greatest influence ON THE WINNERS of MAJOR PRIZES such as the Nobel Prize. This is because without these mentors, THESE prizewinners WOULD not have exercised their abilities to the FULLEST and accomplished what they did. The spotlight should be CAST (または SHED) not only on the prizewinners but also on those who brought out their POTENTIALS.

(大文字の部分が修正箇所です)
    • good
この回答へのお礼

ありがとうございます。
参考にさせていただきます。

お礼日時:2007/09/15 00:32

あっつっっ、

typo ありました、二番です。訂正します。

eedless to mention. ーー> needless to mention.
    • good
この回答へのお礼

了解しました。

お礼日時:2007/09/19 00:07

添削ではありませんので、ご了解の程を。

こんなモノをでっち上げてみましたのでご笑納下さい。趣旨は同じですが、一寸違う(spotlighting from another angle)書き方です。参考にもならんかも知れんですが。

My prize goes first to those who discovered and guided such talented people, they are not necessarily teachers at school, eedless to mention. Without such people they might not have developed own potential ability enough to accomplish what they did through their life. So another angled spotlight should be put on those who paved the way and served as foundation for the prize winners.
    • good
この回答へのお礼

解答に追加させていただきます。

お礼日時:2007/09/15 00:35

お探しのQ&Aが見つからない時は、教えて!gooで質問しましょう!