アプリ版:「スタンプのみでお礼する」機能のリリースについて

現在高校2年生で留学期間3年の人がいます。その人のくわしいことまではまだわかりません。オーストラリアに今いて、メールでやりとりしています。その人が京都大学、大阪大学に進みたいので英語の問題集は分厚い文法書を終えたので、次は演習をしたいので何をすればいいと聴いてきました。その文の返事の文を考えています。

生徒の返事の一部です。
Thank you for your advice and some questions.
I really don't know how far I'd studied by far.
Because I'm still in Australia and I haven't done any test or anything that I can know my English level.
And I've used several books which was given for me from school.

(伝えたいことです)
Thank you for your reply ! Since I don't know your English skill at the moment, if I can't give you the correct guidance , can you please forgive me ?

(一通り終わった文法書は英語で書かれている?)Is the thick grammer books are wirittein in English which you have been studing ? If so, you should keep thme up !

Fist of all, (実力をためすと思って、過去問をみてはどう?)To measure (show your English ability to the full, what about (how about)checking the past problems of the kyoto or oosaka uni?

(過去問を見るには今は書店にない。HPをみてね)To check it out, since the books are not come out in the bookstores, check the Intenet website (homepage) of Yozemi, Sundai or Kawai juku? (2009年の解答例で問題が見れるからみてくれる?) See (大学入試 解答例 2009年)the entrance exam's answere's examamples in 2009 if you want to check the past problems? (問題も解答例ものっている)there are many universites's problem and examples on those homepages, so you can tell(どうこれから対策していけばいいか) how you will do whatever you will have to do !

Because you are in overseas now , (日本の文法書はなれてないよね?aren't you accosstomed to studying Japanese grammer's books, are you? Japanese entrance examss are very tricky to deal with and (日本の文法は細かい,構文も複雑で)Japanese English grammer's books are so complicated that you should start with or brush up (品詞分解)explaining part of speech(hinsi bunkai)
(日本の文法書を読んで、せっかく留学で身につけた英語のリズムをこわしてくほしくないから、今回はお勧めはいわない)(わたしはそれがいいかなと・・・)Though I really want to recommend some of the books which (解説が詳しい参考書)is very in-depth explanation of English grammer, beacuse you in overseas and have got the thinking (thoughts)in English so that you wont't break the habit of thinking in English. This is beacause I don' say what the best recomended books are・・Forgive me !

(その大学の過去問を見て、できるようなら洋書を今のまま読んだほうがいい)If you can read kyoto or oosaka uni's past problems, you should keep this up reading foreign books .

(無理をしないでばんばって、応援してるよ)Don' overwork. And relaxing is necessary to you and I support you !

英語は苦手ではないといっているので、洋書を読んだほうがいいと思いますが、皆様はどうおもいますか?回答お願いします。

わるいところがあったら、わからないところがあったら遠慮なく直してください。If you find some of the mistaken sentences, can you please make them right withougt hesitaing ? I 'm really sorry for asking too much !!

A 回答 (3件)

回答されている方がないので、ご参考にでもなれば幸いです。

Thank you for your reply !  Since I don't know your English skill at the moment, please forgive me if I can't give you the correct guidance.

Are the thick grammar books which you have been studying written in English? If so, you should keep them up, studying deeply.

What about checking through the past exams of Kyoto or Osaka University to measure your English abilities.

Though they are no longer available at bookstores, you may find at a website of Yozemi, Sundai or Kawai Juku. If you work through those exams and answers for 2009 issue, you will see how much you can do and the things you have to do! If you want to check another examples, there are a lot of stuffs on the Internet.

Being in overseas now, aren't you accustomed to studying Japanese grammar books, are you? Japanese entrance exams are very tricky to deal with and Japanese English grammars are so complicated that you are forced to brush up your Japanese language skills by explaining all part of sentences differently from you have been studying for the last three years (hinsi bunkai).

Though I really want to recommend some of good grammar books which are very in-depth explanations, Forgive me - I hardly say what the best recommendable books are... because you are being in overseas and are able to think in English so that you shouldn’t break habit of thinking in English. If you managed to read through past texts farely, you should keep up reading English books.

Watch out your health and don't overwork. And relaxing is necessary to you. I support you!
    • good
この回答へのお礼

ご回答いただきましてありがとうございます。

お礼日時:2012/03/04 02:08

気になった点と参考文だけですが書いてみます。

→Thanks for the E-mail. I might not be able to give you proper advice
because I don't know how good you are at it right now
and I hope you'll be generous if you think I'm missing the point in suggesting some ideas.
*文頭に接続詞(When/If/Though/since,etc)を持ってくる文は堅苦しい感じがします。
*接続詞文が二つ( Since -, if - )は意味を分かりづらくしますので避けた方がいいです。
*forgive me は犯罪、倫理、道徳、道義的にいけないことをしたときにいいますので意味が重すぎます。
メールですから軽くいきましょう。
→The thick grammar texts you said you've run through are English edition, right ?
If so, I think you should stick to them. to the last.
*run through + O:Oを一通り済ましてしまう。芝居の通しのリハーサルや映画の試写も名詞でrun throughといいましたね。
*grammer books written in EnglishはEnglish edition(英語版、英字版)でたります。
*stick to A:Aに執着する、ずっとし続ける。 to the last(最後まで)は不必要なら削ってください。
→Why don't you try your skill in the past English tests to see if you can make it?
*First of all(第一に、まず最初に)は理由や意見を列挙するという感じですがこの表現を使うということは
第二、第三の内容がきちんとイメージできていますか?
*Why don't you :「なぜしないの、すればいいと思う」という反語を使った提案です。
*if you can make it: うまくやりこなせるかどうか、よくできるかどうか
→There are no available publications covering them. So, Check it up on the web..
Search words are Yozemi, Sundai or Kawai juku, etc.
(それらをカバーしている、載せている出版物は手に入らない。だからネットで調べてね。
検索語は・・・など。)
*あまり細やかな文章を作ろうとしすぎている感じです。
→There、you can find both questions and example answers of the entrance examination 2009
and I'm sure it will give you a clear idea of what and how you should study from now on.
*exam's answere's examamples :所有格は連続で使えません。
*problemでもいいのですがquestionの方がよりテストの問題という感じがします。
*from now on:これから先
→You aren't accustomed to using English grammar books in Japanese, right?
*grammer's books→grammar books
*付加疑問文は文を長くし分かりにくくもしますので単純に, right?(そうでしょ?)くらいがいいです。
Japanese English grammer books are so complicated that you should start with or brush up
explaining part of speech(hinsi bunkai)
*このままでいいです。
→In the exams, there are even times when tricky questions are asked.
(試験では巧妙な設問も問われることさえあります。)
全体の文の流れを考えて逆順にしました。
→Though I really want to recommend some books which have very in-depth explanations of English grammar,
I won't tell you this time what they are, because I don't want to spoil what you've learned living in
Austlaria such as thinking in English, the rhythum and sounds of English and so forth.
*some of the books は簡単にsome books(何冊かの本)でいいのではないでしょうか。
→In my opinion, it might be better for you to read and think in English if you read the sentences
in the English exams of Tokyo University or others quite naturally.
(私お考えだけど、東大や他の大学の英語の入試問題を自然に読めるなら英語のまま読んだり考えたり
する方がいいのじゃないだろうか。)
(無理をしないでばんばって、応援してるよ)Don' overwork. And relaxing is necessary to you and I support you !
*このままでもいいのですがI support you は現実的に支援するという感じもしますので少し押さえたほうがいいです。
→Just do it but, don't overdo it. I'm always here for you. Bye!
(さあ、やってみてください。でも頑張りすぎは禁物ですよ。いつでも相談に乗りますよ。バイ!)
>>英語は苦手ではないといっているので、洋書を読んだほうがいいと思いますが、皆様はどうおもいますか?回答お願いします。
→ネイティヴだからといって日本の入試英語で満点を取れるとは限りません、むしろ、かえって点が取れないこともある
と聞きます。一つは現代の口語に比べて入試で出てくる文章は古めかしい表現や文法観に支配されたところがあるの
かなとも思います。もう一つは設問の仕方の発想の違いもあるでしょう。
日本の国語のように細やかな設問はなかなか難しいようですね。
一面では英語という形ではありますが日本語のテストをしているように感じるときがあります。お友達の受ける大学がそのような
大学であれば英語も日本語も得意でなくてはならないと思いますがどうでしょうか。

この回答への補足

how about trying to address the past tests of a year's worth of kyoto or Osaka university's ?(一年分の過去問をやってみたらは?)はこれでよいでしょうか?

ネイティヴだからといって日本の入試英語で満点を取れるとは限りません、むしろ、かえって点が取れないこともある
と聞きます。一つは現代の口語に比べて入試で出てくる文章は古めかしい表現や文法観に支配されたところがあるの
かなとも思います。もう一つは設問の仕方の発想の違いもあるでしょう。
こちらのアドバイスをぜひ英語にして届けたいとおもったのですが、よろしければ見ていただけますか?

It is said that native people can not always get a perfect score in the Japanese entrance eaams (米)。Instead, there is also high possibility that they won't get a perfect score because of them.

Japanese English exams are rather old-fashioned expresstions and all of the Japanese Englsih sentences are accounted for complicated grammer and koubun. So, there are most likely different question's style from English used in forein countries's question stylye.

いかがでしょうか?もしよろしければお願いいたします。

補足日時:2009/05/25 14:15
    • good
この回答へのお礼

ありがとうございます。とても勉強にさせていただきました。本当に細かく見ていただいてうれしいです。わたしがここはこちらのほうの表現がいいのではと思ったところを述べさせていただきますが、けっして非難ではないことをご理解いただけきたいと思います。

the E-mail.→your E-mail。 文頭に接続詞ですが、以前英訳を直していただいたアメリが在住の方からSince I really don't know much about you でいいと言われました。

forgive me は「ヒカルの碁」という英語版の漫画で、小学5年生の少年が「俺、打つの遅いけど、かんべんな」というので、会話でも使っていたので軽い言葉だと思っていました。

try your skill はすこしわかりませんでした。「できるのか見て」というならto see if you can make it?のto seeという使い方はできないと思います。

英語だけでいいというのも、日本語の記述式問題や、普段は見慣れない難しい構文や、もし単語力に頼っていたら決して読めないような箇所も入試では問われますから、実際の過去問にあたらせたほうがよいと感じました。

お礼日時:2009/05/25 14:14

>> こちらのアドバイスをぜひ英語にして届けたいとおもったのですが、よろしければ見ていただけますか?

>喜んで!

It is said that native (English speakers) can not always get a perfect score in the Japanese entrance e(x)ams (米)。
Instead, there is also (a) high possibility that they won't get a perfect score because of them.
*カッコのところが訂正個所です。

Japanese English exams are rather old-fashioned expresstions and all of the Japanese Englsih sentences
are accounted for complicated grammer and koubun. So, there are most likely different question's
style from English used in forein countries's question stylye.

前半は
The expresstions in Japanese English exams are rather old-fashined とか
Japanese English exams include/have/use rather old-fashioned expresstions がいいと思います。
中盤はby(-によって)を入れてください。accounted for =explainedですから。
and all of the Japanese Englsih sentences are accounted for(by)complicated grammer and sentence structures(koubun).
後半は少し長いですが次のような文がいいと思います。
So, Japanese forms of questioning in the exams are likely to be different from those of foreign countries.
または、
So,Japanese and many other languages have a little different forms of questioning in the exams.
とか
So, there may be some differences between Japanese forms of questioning in the exams and the counterparts of other nations.
などとしてもいいと思います。

文頭に接続詞の文を持ってくるのはちょうど日本語の訳の順と同じなので作文しやすいですし、正しい文ではあります。
When/Since/As/though+S+V, S'+V'. でも S'+V when/since/as/thought+S+Vでもいいです。
yahooUSで次の文で検索してみると
If you want it, take it. 1220件
Take it if you want. 54800件
この数字をそのまま鵜呑みにはできません。このような検索で正確な数字が出るとは限らないからです。
検索のヒット数では正しいとか正しくないとかは、はっきり分からないものの、人の意識や使い方の傾向
などはある程度分かります。つまり、前置きよりも言いたいこと(主節)を先に言いたがる傾向があるのでしょう。
前にここで質問をしていい回答をもらったのですね。
僕の意見としては以上のようなものです。
    • good