アプリ版:「スタンプのみでお礼する」機能のリリースについて

この英語の長文を上手に訳せる人はいませんか?自分でやったらややこしくて分かりませんでした。予習でやっています。お願いします。早めの回答を待っています。会話文は少々くだけた言い方があると思うのですが、難しいです。直訳はよくないとおもうので。あと、「,」がたくさんあるので前や後ろの文とどうやってつなげていったらいいかわからないのでお願いします。

The host hourted tea into the cup and placed it on the small table in front of his guests,who were a father and daughter,and put the lid on the cup with a clink.Remembering something,he hurried into the inner room,leaving the thermos on the table.His two guests heard a chest of drawers opening and a rustling noise.
They remained sitting in the parlor,the ten‐year‐old girl daughter looking at the flowers outside window.The father was just about to take his cup,when there was a crash,right there in the parlor.Something was hopelessly broken.
It was the thermos,which had fallen to tthe floor.The girl looked over her shoulder suddenly,surprised,staring .It was mysterious.Neither of themhad touched it,not even a little bit.True,it hadn´t stood steadily when their host put it on the table,but it hadn´t fallen then.
The crash of the thermos caused the host,with a box of sugar cubes in his hand,to run quickly from the inner room.He stared in surprise at the hot,streaming floor and blurted out,“It doesn´t matter!It doesn´t matter!”

The father stared to say something.Then he said quickly,“Sorry,I touched it and it fell.”
“It doesn´t matter,”the host said.
Later,when they left the house,the daughter asked,“Daddy,did you touch the thermos?”
“No.But it stood so close to me.”
“But you didn´t touch it.I saw the image of your body in the window.You were sitting perfectly still.”
The father laughed.“Then(would,fell,how,you,it,explain,why)?”
“The thermos fell by itself.The floor is uneven.It wasn´t steady when Mr.Li put it there.Daddy,why did you say that you…”
“That won´t explain it,girl.It makes more sense when I say I knocked it down.There are things which people understand less the more you try to explain them.The truer the story you tell,the less true it sounds.”
The daughter was lost in silence for a while.Then she said,“Can you explain what happened only this way?”
“Only this way,”her father said.

A 回答 (1件)

主人は湯呑みに茶を注いで、音をたてて蓋をし、客父娘の前の小さいテーブルに置いた。

何か思い出して男はポットをテーブルの上に置き、奥の間に急いだ。客二人は引き出しを開け、何か擦れ合う音を聞いた。二人は居間に取り残され、十になる娘は窓の外の花を眺めていた、父親が茶を飲もうとした時、居間で大きな音がした。何かが壊れる音だった。テーブルのポットが床に落ちたのだった。女の子は驚いて振り向いた。不思議だった。父も娘も全然手を触れていなかった。主人がテ-ブルの上に置いた時、ぐらつきはしたが倒れはしなかった。この音で、角砂糖の箱を持った主人は、奥から急いで帰ってきた。熱い湯が流れている床を見て「構わない、構わない」と言った。

父親は何か言いかけたが、あわてて「すみません。私が触ったら倒れたのです」と言い直した。「いいんです」と主人は言った。

その家を出た後、娘は「お父さん、ポットに触ったの?」と聞いた。
(父)「いや、でもすぐそばにあった」
(娘)「でも、お父さんは触らなかった。わたしは窓ガラスに映っているのを見たの。お父さんは、座ったまま動かなかったわ」
父親は笑った「では(どうして、落ちたか、説明してごらん)」
(娘)「ポットは自分で落ちたのよ、床はデコボコ。李さんが置いた時も据わりが悪かった、お父さんなぜ『私が、、、』って言ったの?」
(父)「それは説明にはならない。私が倒したという方が理屈に合う。説明すればするほど訳の分からないものってあるのだ。本当ののことを話せば話すほど嘘っぽく聞こえるものだ。」
 娘はしばらく黙っていた。
(娘)「この出来事、そういう風にしか説明できないの?」
(父)「そうだよ」と父親は言った。

>>あと、「,」がたくさんあるので前や後ろの文とどうやってつなげていったらいいかわからないのでお願いします。

(父)(娘)と書いて誰が話しているか、はっきりさせる努力はしました。分からなかったらごめんなさい。
    • good
この回答へのお礼

ありがとうございます。助かりました。会話文ていろんな言い方があるんだな、と思いました。分かりやすかったです。

お礼日時:2011/06/16 05:28

お探しのQ&Aが見つからない時は、教えて!gooで質問しましょう!