プロが教える店舗&オフィスのセキュリティ対策術

個人的なことで大変申し訳ないのですが、どなたかの力をお借りできればと思っています。

友達以上恋人未満の彼がいるのですが、お互い忙しくてなかなか会う時間が取れずにいます。今回彼が「明日連絡するね」と言った後しばらく連絡をくれなかったのですが、これが初めてではなかったので、「連絡こないから心配しています。もう私から連絡しない方がいいのかな?」という内容のメールを送ったところ、「返事が遅くなってごめん。会いたいと思ってるけど、学校とバイトが今すごく忙しい。」という返事がきました。

自分でもこういう状況ではたぶん彼とは恋人としてはうまくいかないだろうなとわかっているのですが、たまに会うだけでもこれからも友達としてつきあっていけたらなと思っています。そこで、次のようなメールを送って、連絡をくれなくて残念だった気持ち、時間が取れたらまた会えたらいいなっていう気持ちをあまり責める口調にならずに伝えたいと思っているのですが、うまく自分の気持ちが伝わるか不安に思い、どなたか英語の間違いとかアドバイスなどを聞かせていただけないかと思い、投稿させていただきます。よろしくお願いします(字数の関係で英文だけでごめんなさい)

"I totally understand that you are busy and that there are more important things to do. I'd never want to get in the way of that. As I said before, I know how busy school and work can get. I just wish you hadn't said that you would write me "tomorrow" if you weren't sure. You have no idea how much I was looking forward to hearing from you. I'm still hoping I'll get a chance to see you again sometime, but I never mean to push you or anything. I just want you to know that our friendship means a lot to me. I wish you the best of luck with school and everything else."

A 回答 (2件)

Gです。

kiki042さん、こんにちは!

私なりに書かせてくださいね。

まず、添削と言う事から

>I totally understand that you are busy and that there are more important things to do.

there areとかくと、彼にとってもっと重要な事がある、と言うことなのか、誰にでもある、という意味なのかはっきりしませんので、that you may have more important things to do.と「あなた」を主語にした方がいいでしょうね. 

誰もそうであるように、と言うのであれば、that anybody has more important things to do.として、誰でもあることは十分分かっています.と言う表現が出来ますね.

>I'd never want to get in the way of that. をget in your wayとして、あなたの邪魔、という言い方が使えます.

>As I said before, I know how busy school and work can get.

how the school and the work can getですね。

>I just wish you hadn't said that you would write me "tomorrow" if you weren't sure. You have no idea how much I was looking forward to hearing from you. I'm still hoping I'll get a chance to see you again sometime, but I never mean to push you or anything. I just want you to know that our friendship means a lot to me. I wish you the best of luck with school and everything else

問題ないですね.

では私の個人的主観の下での考えです.

友達以上恋人未満の関係を長距離で、続けることは大変な事だと思います. ちょっとした誤解があると、今までつないできたフィーリングがうすれてしまいますね.

そのためにも、太陽と北風のお話を思い出して見てください. 北風は勝てませんでしたね.

彼にとって聞きたいのは、あなたがどんなに彼のメールを楽しんでいるのか、待ってくれているのか、であって、来なかったので半分怒っている、というフィーリングを聞きたいわけじゃないと思いますよ.

ですから、もっと書いてもらいたいのなら、彼が聞きたくないようなことを言うのは我慢して、

Jack, I want you to know how happy your e-mails make me!! So, thank you for the e-mail I just got.

If I can say, I was actually waiting for your earlier e-mail but I knew you are always busy at school and work. So your e-mail really made me have special feelings.

Write me more, Jack. If you want, I can write you everyday! Can I?

Our friendship means a lot to me, so it will be so nice if you can find time to write me again soon.

Please take care of yourself and don't get sick, OK?

と言う感じかな. 

これでいかがでしょうか。 分かりにくい点がありましたら、補足質問してください。
    • good

kiki042さん、こんにちは。

>I totally understand that you are busy and that there are more important things to do. I'd never want to get in the way of that. As I said before, I know how busy school and work can get.

この場合totally understandだと「分かったから」みたいな悪い意味にも取れると思います。
あと2回も「あなたが忙しいのは分かっている」というのはしつこい感じがするので、もし「最近勉強や仕事で忙しいのは分かっているから、邪魔したくない」と言うなら、

I don't want to bother you because I can understand that you have been busy working and studying these days.

はどうでしょうか?can understandでなんとなく分かってるというニュアンスで、この場合get in the way ofよりbotherのほうが自然かなと思います。

>I just wish you hadn't said that you would write me "tomorrow" if you weren't sure. You have no idea how much I was looking forward to hearing from you.

「確かじゃないなら明日連絡すると言わないで欲しかった」「連絡をどれだけ楽しみにしていたのかあなたは分からない」というのは責めてる感じがするので、連絡がなくて淋しかったと可愛く伝えるのはどうでしょうか?

I didn't hear from you for a while, so I missed you so much.

もしどうしても電話がなくて残念だと言いたいなら、

I knew you were busy though, I was disappointed when you didn't give me a call.

>I'm still hoping I'll get a chance to see you again sometime, but I never mean to push you or anything.

これも重くならないように、シンプルに「あなたの都合のいい時にまた会いたいな」はどうでしょうか?

I hope to see you again when you have a chance.

>I just want you to know that our friendship means a lot to me. I wish you the best of luck with school and everything else."

これもシンプルに断言していいと思いますよ。
でもこれだと友達と断言する感じもしますが。。。

Our friendship means a lot to me. I hope everything is going good with you.

そしてこれを加えるとさらにいいかもしれません。

Your emails always make me happy.
I can't wait to hear from you.
    • good

お探しのQ&Aが見つからない時は、教えて!gooで質問しましょう!