(簡単なご指摘で大助かりです)
-
テキストの問題:あなたが最近聞いたニュースの感想や考えたことを簡潔に書きなさい。

私の文:
The King and queen of the Himalayan nation of Bhutan attended a state banquet at the imperial Palace in Tokyo on Wednesday.
I saw them coming on TV.
I have heard the nation's name, but I don't know where it is.
It is famous that a poll says a lot of Bhutan people feel happy.
We Japanese also happy economically, but it is dubious that we feel really happy from the point of mental.
※ヒマラヤのブータンの国王夫妻が水曜日に東京の皇居で開かれた晩餐会に出席しました。
私は国王夫妻が来たことをテレビで見ました。
国の名前を聞いたことがあったけど、どこにあるか分かりません。
世論調査で幸せと回答する国民が多いことで有名です。
私たち日本人は経済的には幸せですが、精神面で幸せかどうか疑問です。

よろしくお願いいたします。
本当に簡単な添削で大助かりです。
尚、よろしければ私の文の内容について感想を英文でお寄せいただけると、誠に勝手ながら更に勉強になりますので、是非ともよろしくお願いいたします。

このQ&Aに関連する最新のQ&A

A 回答 (1件)

Before I give you grammatical advice to each single sentence, I would like to give you general comments on how to construct an essay.

I am not sure where the question is from, but most of the time, essays to any question like that should have a clear statement which has a clear position followed by some supporting reasons. So in your case, I recommend that you first start your essay by raising a question such as:

The other day, I watched TV and learned that the king and queen of the Himalayan nation of Bhutan attended a state banquet at the Imperial Palace in Tokyo on Wednesday. I have heard the nation's name, but I don't know where it is. However, according to a poll many of the citizens of the nation feel happy about their everyday life. Then I have come to a question that we, the Japanese people, who are much richer economically, really feel mentally happy about their life. Why do the Himalayan feel happy even though there are not economically rich?

(This part is called "intruduction" where you raise a question or issue to discuss. Then you move on to the "body" where you give 2 or 3 reasons to answer the questions you raised. Then finally in "conclusion" you insist on your opinion)

Body:
In my opinion in order to feel happy, we need...
It is also important ...

Conclusion:
Therefore I strongly believe that ...
    • good
この回答へのお礼

ご回答ありがとうございました。
文法+文の構成ということですね。
意識して頑張ります。
according to
many of the citizens
feel mentally happy
などなど、沢山ご指摘ありがとうございました。
御礼申し上げます。

お礼日時:2011/11/26 11:12

このQ&Aに関連する人気のQ&A

お探しのQ&Aが見つからない時は、教えて!gooで質問しましょう!

このQ&Aを見た人が検索しているワード

このQ&Aと関連する良く見られている質問

Q"It is ~for you"と、"It is ~of you"との違いについて。

"It is nice for you to walk in the park"と"It is nice of you to walk in the park"という二つの文が違う意味を持つということは分かるのですが、後者の文について、"Of"というのは、意味上の主語というほかにどういう意味を持っているのでしょうか?
直訳すると、「については」という意味になり、"nice of you"が、「あなたにとっては心地よい」という意味になると思うのです。(ちなみに前者は、"For you to walk in the park is nice"と書き換えられ、to walk in the park=niceとなり、「あなたが~することはすばらしい」となる)
ということは、"It is nice about you to walk in the park"でも、文法的にOKということになると思うのですが。よろしくお願いします。

Aベストアンサー

taijiさんはお礼(補足?)を英語で書いておられるので、私も英語で回答してみましょう。

(a) It is nice for you to walk in the park.
What "nice" in (a) represents is the property of "your walking in the park", more strictly, "walking" itself. As you put it in the first posting, the sentence in (a) can be rewritten into "For you to walk in the park is nice". "For you" is no doubt the subject of the infinitive clause, which is the actual subject of the predicate "is nice". This implies that "to walk (=walking) is nice". You may have no problem here.

(b) It is nice of you to walk in the park.
As other replies point out, "nice of you" in (b) refers to the attribute of "you": hence, "you are nice". A grammatical explanation is that the preposition "of" indicates the genetive case, where something or someone belongs to another one. You cannot translate "of you" into "anata ni totte" here.

"You are nice to walk in the park" can also be used here. That is why you cannot make a translation as mentioned above. "X ha Y ni totte Z da" will always need another noun X than Y. However, in the sentence in (b), "you" is X & "nice" is Z; no Y element exists. "You" is purely a subject.

This leads us to the ungrammaticality of "It is nice about you to walk in the park" which you gave.

疲れた。

taijiさんはお礼(補足?)を英語で書いておられるので、私も英語で回答してみましょう。

(a) It is nice for you to walk in the park.
What "nice" in (a) represents is the property of "your walking in the park", more strictly, "walking" itself. As you put it in the first posting, the sentence in (a) can be rewritten into "For you to walk in the park is nice". "For you" is no doubt the subject of the infinitive clause, which is the actual subject of the predicate "is nice". Th...続きを読む

QBe in the game, but not of the game とは?

こんばんは。今回もよろしくお願いします。

ゲームセンターで遊んでいる子供が、

"Be in the game, but not of the game."

という台詞を言います。和訳を見ると、「ゲームに集中しろ。でも熱くなるな」とありますが、なぜこのような意味になるのでしょうか?

回答はお時間がある時で結構です。よろしくお願いします。

Aベストアンサー

前置詞の根本的な意味を踏まえると、inは「枠の中」、ofは「全体の一部(→所有)」を表します。つまりこの文には、「ゲームの中に入れ(=集中しろ)、でもゲームの一部(所有物)にはなるな(=あまりはまりすぎて熱くなるな)。」という意味合いが生じてきます。分かりにくいでしょうか?

Q「as happy as the day is long」 での 「the day」というのは ?

「as happy as the day is long」 という表現があるようですが、

◎ ここでの「the day 」は、「昼間の時間」を指すのでしょうか ?

◎ もしそうだとした場合に、
 この表現を日脚の短いシーズンに使ったりするのは、
 不自然だったりしますでしょうか ?

Aベストアンサー

as や like を用いた比喩表現は as busy as a bee, as easy as pie などいろいろあります。このような表現は,日本語でも,「足が棒になる」と言い,「足が鉄になる」とは言わないように,慣用的に用いられています。
 as the day is long に関しては,as honest as the day is long という表現もよく用いられます。
 この the day は「昼間の時間」でなく,一日のことでしょう。a second や a minute が「一瞬」という意味になるのに対して,day というのは明らかに長さが感じられるという意味合いで用いられているのではないでしょうか。

QIt is also full of nutrition, using, as it does, eggs, bacon and grated cheese.

先日行われた東工大の前期入試・英語大問IIの本文に次の英文がありました。スパゲッティーの話です。第2文の後半 using, as it does, eggs, bacon (or ham in some variations) and grated cheese.のas it does,のところはどう理解すればいいんでしょうか?

Spaghetti alla carbonara is a solid dish that fills you up like no other similar pasta. It is also full of nutrition, using, as it does, eggs, bacon (or ham in some variations) and grated cheese.
(全文はhttp://www.yozemi.ac.jp/nyushi/sokuho/sokuho05/tokyokogyo/zenki/index.htmlを開いて問題のIIをクリックしてください)

例えば、

Standing as it does on the hill, the church has the good command of the whole city.

のas it does と同じような使い方だと思うのですが。一種の強調といった感じなのでしょうか? asは接続詞でしょうか?いくつか英和辞書でasを引いてみたんですが、よくわかりませんでした。

先日行われた東工大の前期入試・英語大問IIの本文に次の英文がありました。スパゲッティーの話です。第2文の後半 using, as it does, eggs, bacon (or ham in some variations) and grated cheese.のas it does,のところはどう理解すればいいんでしょうか?

Spaghetti alla carbonara is a solid dish that fills you up like no other similar pasta. It is also full of nutrition, using, as it does, eggs, bacon (or ham in some variations) and grated cheese.
(全文はhttp://www.yozemi.ac.jp/nyush...続きを読む

Aベストアンサー

おっしゃるように、as it doesは、分詞構文usingの強調ですね。「実際に」「この通り」「ご覧のように」などと訳すようですね。
ここでは、「カルボナーラスパゲッティは、栄養満点でもあります。実際にたまご、ベーコン(またはハム)そして、おろしチーズを使いますからね。」という感じでしょうか。

QIt is kind of out of blue but here の意味

こんにちは。
表題の件ですが、DVDを見ていたらこのような表現が
ありました。

場面は男性が女性にプレゼントを渡して
「It is kind of out of blue but here」

女性
「It is beautiful thanks」

という場面でした。男性が謙遜して好みじゃないかもしれないけど
と言っている感じだったのですが、どうもすっきりしません。
特に「out of blue」が分りにくいです。辞書ですと憂鬱や青といった
言葉が出てきました。
プレゼントはシルバーのネックレスで青色の飾り等は
ありませんでした。

お分かりの方教えてください。
よろしくおねがいします。

Aベストアンサー

「out of blue」で「青天の霹靂」、、、、、、、、

正確には「青天のへきれき」
a bolt from [out of] the blue●coup de foudre〈フランス語〉●thunderbolt●thunderbolt from a clear sky●thunderbolt out of the blue●thunderclap

これらの「a bolt」が省略されて日常使われています。

but here [you are], 「はいどうぞ」

人気Q&Aランキング

おすすめ情報