プロが教えるわが家の防犯対策術!

全体的によく分からないので細かく添削して正しい和訳を教えていただきたいです。christopher lloydと言う人が書いた文だそうです。

Take just one look at our evolutionary history and you will see it is only in the most recent moments in the story of life on Earth that humans have developed any capacity for rational thought at all.
私たちの進化の歴史を一目見て、理性的に考える能力が少しでも進化したのは、本当に最近の時期だということが分かるでしょう。
Since the Human genome project was completed in 2003, it is also evident that the genetic difference between ourselves and our closest biological relatives, chmpanzees, is only about 2 percent.
ヒューマンゲノムプロジェクトが2003年に完成したので、私たち自身と私たちと生物的に最も近い親戚であるチンパンジーとの遺伝的な違いはたった2パーセントほどであることははっきりとしている。
Look around at the politics of the world today.
今日の世界の政治を見渡してください。
People all over the world are not acting rationally at the poll booth. Mostly, they never have.
世界中の人々は投票ブースで理性的に行動していてない。
They vote out of loyalty, habit or frustration.
彼らは誠実さと、習慣、または不満
Greek philosopher Plato understood this well enough.
ギリシャの哲学者プラトンはこれを十分に分かっていた。
Reason was the preserve of only a select few, who, he reasoned, could help society navigate through the Scylla and Charybdis of everyday life.
理性は、えり抜きの人々だけの領域であって、その人々は、日々のスキュラとカリュブディスの中を社会にうまく進むよう手助けできる人だと彼は推論した。
Democracy was a sham driven by popular ignorance and at the mercy of emotional manipulation by the persuasive rhetoric of charismatic leaders.
民主主義は人々の無知に突き動かされるまがい物で、カリスマ的なリーダーの説得力のある言葉による感情操作の意のままであった。
Emotion and instincts are the primary motivational forces that have guided everyone in the past, from populist rulers to romantic poets.
感情と理性は、大衆支配者からロマン派詩人まで、これまで導いてきた大事な原動力である。
You can see it all around the world today.
こんにちの世界を見て分かるだろう。
Except, you might say, for the emergence of computer algorithms.
コンピュータアルゴリズムの出現を除いては言えるかもしれない。
Silicon-based dicision making has no emotions and no instinct ---- it is pure calculation.
シリコンベースの意思決定は感情も本能も持たない純粋な計算だ。
Yet even here, it is the programmer who gets to play god, hiding behind countless lines of anonymous code.
ここでも、無記名コードの無数の列に隠れて、神の役割をするプログラマーだ。
And to what extent are his or her motives rational?
どの程度、彼または彼女の動機は理性的なのか。
Having remembered how i felt after completing my review of world history book, and thinking again about the differences between chimps and humans, i'd say it is about 2percent.
世界の歴史の本のレビューを完成し終え、どのように感じたかを思い出し、チンパンジーと人々の違いについて考え直すと、2パーセントほどだと言いたい。

A 回答 (1件)

殆ど正しい訳だと思います。

Take just one look at our evolutionary history and you will see it is only in the most recent moments in the story of life on Earth that humans have developed any capacity for rational thought at all.
私たちの進化の歴史を一目見ると、人類が理性的に考える能力を少しでも獲得したのは、地球上の生物の歴史の中で、本当に最近の時期だと分かる。

Since the Human genome project was completed in 2003, it is also evident that the genetic difference between ourselves and our closest biological relatives, chmpanzees, is only about 2 percent.
ヒューマンゲノムプロジェクトが2003年に完成したおかげで、私たち自身と私たちと生物的に最も近い親戚であるチンパンジーとの遺伝的な違いはたった2パーセントほどであることがはっきりとした。

Look around at the politics of the world today.
今日の世界の政治を見渡してください。

People all over the world are not acting rationally at the poll booth. Mostly, they never have.
今までもそうであったが、世界中の人々は投票ブースで理性的に行動していてない。

They vote out of loyalty, habit or frustration.
彼らは、帰属意識、慣習、または不満から投票する。

Greek philosopher Plato understood this well enough.
ギリシャの哲学者プラトンはこれを十分に分かっていた。

Reason was the preserve of only a select few, who, he reasoned, could help society navigate through the Scylla and Charybdis of everyday life.
理性は、えり抜きの人々だけの領域であって、その人々は、日々の利害の対立する中で社会にうまく進むよう手助けできる人だと彼は推論した。
https://archive.org/stream/throughscyllaand00tyr …
http://encyclopedia2.thefreedictionary.com/Scyll …

Democracy was a sham driven by popular ignorance and at the mercy of emotional manipulation by the persuasive rhetoric of charismatic leaders.
民主主義は人々の無関心から生まれるまがい物である。また、カリスマ的なリーダーの煽情的な言葉による感情操作の意のままであった。

Emotion and instincts are the primary motivational forces that have guided everyone in the past, from populist rulers to romantic poets.
感情と本能は、今まで大衆支配者からロマン詩人まで、すべての人間を動かしてきた大事な原動力である。

You can see it all around the world today.
こんにちの世界を見て分かるだろう。

Except, you might say, for the emergence of computer algorithms.
コンピュータアルゴリズムの出現を除いては言えるかもしれない。

Silicon-based dicision making has no emotions and no instinct ---- it is pure calculation.
シリコンベースの意思決定は感情も本能も持たない純粋な計算だ。

Yet even here, it is the programmer who gets to play god, hiding behind countless lines of anonymous code.
しかし、ここでも、無記名コードの無数の列に隠れて、神の役割をするプログラマーだ。

And to what extent are his or her motives rational?
どの程度、プログラマーの動機は理性的なのか。

Having remembered how i felt after completing my review of world history book, and thinking again about the differences between chimps and humans, i'd say it is about 2percent.
世界の歴史の本のレビューを完成し終えたとき、どのように感じたかを思い出し、また、チンパンジーと人々の違いについて考え直すと、その差は2パーセントほどだと言いたい。
    • good

お探しのQ&Aが見つからない時は、教えて!gooで質問しましょう!