アプリ版:「スタンプのみでお礼する」機能のリリースについて

“And Song can defeat that attack by doing this,” countered Mozi, explaining another defensive technique. Standing over the table and moving sticks here and there, Gongshu tried attacks with nine different designs of attack machines, but each time Mozi showed him an effective defense that he had prepared.
Finally, Gongshu said, “All right, I know a way to conquer Song but I’m not going to tell you what it is.”
Mozi replied, “I know what you’re planning, but it won’t work.”
The king had been listening to the discussion between his engineer and the visitor. He asked Mozi, “What is Gongshu’s plan?”
Mozi answered, “He plans to kill me, but he still won’t be able to defeat Song, because I have already sent three hundred of my followers there. They are waiting to defend the city using my machines.”
The king said, “I understand. We won’t attack Song.”

Detail Questions:
1.What is the Warring States Period?
2.Who was Mozi?
3.Why did Mozi study how to defend cities from attack?
4.Why did Mozi and his students travel from country to country?
5.Who decided to attack the state of Song?
6.What did Mozi do when he heard about the planned attack?
7.Gongshu Ban had made cloud ladders. What were they?
8.When Mozi met Gongshu Ban, what did he first ask him to do?
9.Mozi said he would pay Gongshu 10 gold coins to kill someone. What did Gongshu answer?
10.Mozi said, “To destroy what is scarce in order to get what is plentiful is nonsense.” What is scarce? What is plentiful?
11.Why couldn’t Gongshu cancel the attack against Song?
12.Who took a broken cart, a rough jacket, and husks from a poor man?
13.If Chu is five thousand li (里) square, what is its area?
14.What kinds of animals are in Chu’s forests and rivers?
15.What kinds of animals does Song have?
16.Mozi invited Gongshu Ban to play a simulation war game. What did he use for fortress walls?
17.In the war game, Gongshu Ban’s attack using cloud ladders was not successful. Why?
18.In the war game, what did Gongshu Ban do when his first attack was unsuccessful?
19.Gongshu Ban demonstrated many different attack machines and techniques. Which one was successful?
20.Why wouldn’t Chu be able to defeat Song even if Mozi died?
Inference questions:
1.Both Mozi and Gongshu Ban designed and built war machines, but their objectives were different. How were they different?
2.Why did Mozi travel to Chu?
3.Why did Mozi ask Gongshu Ban to kill someone?
4.When Gongshu Ban said murder was wrong, why did Mozi bow twice?
5.What do you think would have happened if Gongshu Ban had refused to help attack Song?
6.Why did Mozi talk to the king about a rich man who stole from a poor man?
7.Which animals does Mozi think are better: rhinoceroses, deer, tortoises, and crocodiles; or pheasants, rabbits, and foxes?
8.The king admitted that Mozi’s logic was correct. Why didn’t he cancel the attack on Song?
9.Why did Mozi challenge Gongshu Ban to play a simulation war game?
10.Why did Gongshu Ban decide to kill Mozi?
Research:
Look up “墨子” in the Wikipedia (日本語版). There is a version of this story of Mozi and Gongshu Ban. However, some details are different. What is different?

A 回答 (2件)

>Look up “墨子” in the Wikipedia (日本語版).

ということが最後のほうにあります。それってヒントですよ。「墨子」でネット検索すれば、すぐ見つかりますが、もう示しておきます。

http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E5%A2%A8%E5%AD%90

さらに、そこの「逸話」のところです。

http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E5%A2%A8%E5%AD%90# …

問題にも書いてありますが、若干の細かい差異はありますが、最初の英文は分かるはずです。ぜひ、日本語版ウィキペディアの上記項目を読んでから、英文を読み直してみてください。

しかし、そこを読んでも分からないのであれば、その逸話の背景知識(古代中国の戦国時代)も知らなければならないことになります。もちろん、それを英語で説明するのは無理です。正答できても、少しツッコまれたら、即座にばれます。
    • good

上手でも下手でもいいからまず訳しなさい。

訳した分をここにアップして下てください。そうしたら添削しましょう。あなたみたいに、丸投げしてくるような質問者に対して、どう対応するべきなのかという質問がありました。いろいろ議論がありましたよ。読んでいないんですか・

そういえば今大学や高校定期試験の真っ最中ですよね。これはカンニングの幇助をすることになるのかな、という疑問がわいてきました。
    • good

お探しのQ&Aが見つからない時は、教えて!gooで質問しましょう!