アプリ版:「スタンプのみでお礼する」機能のリリースについて

どうして、

char str[] = "Hello";

のように、配列でないものwお配列にする場合がありますか?

A 回答 (4件)

> I didn't even know this at all~. Is there any specific reason for this? I mean I don't get the point of avoiding to just put the string type in there and let things go easier.

I think you have got the point.
If there were easier way of writing, why don't you use that?
I mean, there is a theory behind it, but a language should give you a sort of "shortcut".

Now you understand, in theory, there is no such string type in C. There is only arrays filled with binaries.
However, even though it were correct, you would be messed up if C forced you to write a message every time like this:

char str[] = {'T', 'h', 'i', 's', ' ', 'i', 's', ' ', 'v', 'e', 'r', 'y', ' ', 'b', 'u', 'l', 'l', 's', 'h', 'i', 't', '!', '\0'};

The theory requires this. Do you want to write like this every time? The answer would be "No kidding!".
Thus, almost all languages provide some "shortcuts" of writing, in order to let you avoid pain in the ass. Those kinds of short cuts are called "Syntax Sugar", which implies sugar makes some very bitter syntax juice barely drinkable.
As a result, the syntax sugar of array with characters in C could be written as:

char str[] = "This is a piece of cake!"

This relatively gives you no headache, related to "right meaning" and its syntax.

> Maybe I should have known this and again, I know this is partly my fault of not attending those classes but like for what reason? I've had multiple lectures on algorithms and computation in C and yet didn't know this...

I am sorry to hear that, but, to be honestly, C is not a suitable language for new comers into the world of programming. The school, or you had better start with much easier language, like Python or Ruby, popular one now a day.
C really sucks. C is pain in the ass. C is a tablet of anti-aspirin.
At least, your responsibility about this is less than 50%. The remainder is C itself.
    • good
この回答へのお礼

ありがとうございます。
I came to see that maybe C language is not that sophisticated or almost perfect as I thought. People around me say things like C is the most powerful language and there is almost nothing you can't do with it and I was like okay, then I hafta learn this but no~ it was not that easy and simple... You are saying the language itself is not really well-built, ryt? Ofc not like the structure is cracked or something but at least I think it's not for someone who just started coding like me (some ppl around me have been coding as a hobby for years) and I don't like how professors are like "you know this stuff, ryt? and this one too, so you must be able to do this matrix analysis and that's why it's due tomorrow".
Since I can't see the intention of those great brains that made these things from nothing yet, it feels like maybe I should just accept how it is and not really care about the whys when confronting with the complexity of programming languages.
Thank you as always~ (。◕‿‿◕。)

お礼日時:2022/11/10 17:13

>配列でないもの

"Hello"は文字配列ですよ
    • good
この回答へのお礼

うーん・・・

ありがとうございます。

お礼日時:2022/11/09 01:38
    • good
この回答へのお礼

ありがとう

ありがとうございます。少し難しいと思う

You may misunderstand.

In C, "Hello" is not a string. It is definitely an array.
Frankly speaking, C does not have any "string" type, which the other ordinary programming languages have.
What C only has is an array filled with a bunch of binaries, and sometimes, those binaries are recognized as "Characters", or char.
Therefore,

char str[] = "Hello";

is something like an alternative way of writing, and literally, it directly means

char str[] = {'H', 'e', 'l', 'l', 'o' ,'\0'};

That is all.
    • good
この回答へのお礼

どう思う?

ありがとうございます。I didn't even know this at all~. Is there any specific reason for this? I mean I don't get the point of avoiding to just put the string type in there and let things go easier. Maybe I should have known this and again, I know this is partly my fault of not attending those classes but like for what reason? I've had multiple lectures on algorithms and computation in C and yet didn't know this...

どうして?と思う。

お探しのQ&Aが見つからない時は、教えて!gooで質問しましょう!