どなたか分かる方、お知恵を貸して下さい。
終わりの方の、after the rude awakeningとは
どういう意味でしょうか?
そして続く、We work towards what can only be hoped for in utmost secrecy.も意味がわかりません。

嫌な出来事があっても演技を続ける。
秘密に望まれることを目指している。

というようなことかな?と思っているんですけれど…。
どうぞよろしくお願いします!

CHRISTOPH WALTZ: Thank you so much. A stage actor acts on a stage. But a screen actor doesn’t act on the screen. The stage actor just walks on by himself, but the screen actor is put on by projectionist. Yet we dedicate our lives to our contribution of the whole, and yes in occasional fits of megalomania we consider ourselves worthy of a script like “Inglourious Basterds,” or a director like Quentin Tarantino, or men like Harvey Weinstein, or David Linde, or a studio like Weinstein or Universal. Or partners like Brad or Diane, and back-up personally like Adam Schweitzer and Lisa Kasteler. But after the rude awakening, we just carry on with our lives.
We work towards what can only be hoped for in utmost secrecy. This is what I was granted by working with Quentin Tarantino on “Inglourious Basterds.” For this I’m indebted and grateful to all of you, for this as well. To all of you, including the projectionist.

A 回答 (2件)

rude awakening の意味はこちらに載ってました。

http://eow.alc.co.jp/rude+awakening/UTF-8/

この前の部分に in occasional fits of megalomania つまり、たまに誇大妄想の発作が襲ってきて自分は・・・に値するすごい俳優なんだと思ってしまう、と書いてますね。
でそのあとに
>But after the rude awakening, we just carry on with our lives.
ですから、突然ハッと我に返り、普段の暮らしを続けていく、ということかと思いました。

で、それに続いての
>We work towards what can only be hoped for in utmost secrecy.
ですので、「望まれるような俳優になれるように、人の目に触れないところでひたすらそれに向けて努力しているんだ」という意味ととりました。そうするとそのあとのThis is what I was granted by working with... のところにすんなりつながるような気がしますので。
    • good
この回答へのお礼

ご回答ありがとうございます!
読みが深いですね。
私、前半部分を完全に読み間違えていました。(誇大妄想~のところ)
前後を考えると、頭にスッと入ってくる訳です。
教えてくださってありがとうございました。

お礼日時:2010/02/07 20:40

>after the rude awakening

毎朝、騒々しく目を覚ました後は、我々は我々の生活をしていかなければならない。

>We work towards what can only be hoped for in utmost secrecy
我々は我々に望まれていることだけを完全な秘密裏に行う。