プロが教える店舗&オフィスのセキュリティ対策術

今、海外のペンパルと文通していのですが、自身がないのでこの英文が合っているかどうか教えてください。間違いがあったら正しい英文を教えてください。それと翻訳機では、通じなかったので今回は、翻訳機を使用せず、辞書で調べて書きました。

In Japanese university system is diffident by universities. I’ll tell you about my university Alma master. First year students must study education subjects. If you become second year student, you must do special study. ( Second year students must study education subjects and special subjects.) Third years & fourth years students must study almost special subjects.  Fourth years students must write a graduation thesis.( If you don’r pass it, you don’t graduate university. ) If you are up year, you study level up. But it isn’t individual level. If you don’t pass credits(compulsory subjects,etc..) , you must study next year. If you don’t pass decide number’s credits and compulsory subjects, you don’t graduate university.

日本の大学のシステムは、大学によって異なります。私の母校の大学について教えます。1年生は、教養科目を学びます。2年生になると専攻コースで学びます。(2年生は、教養科目と専門科目を学びます。) 3年生と4年生は、ほとんど専門科目を勉強します。そして4年生は、卒論を書きます。(卒論が不合格だと卒業できません。)学年があがるにつれてレベルアップします。しかし個人に合わせたものではないです。もし単位(必修科目)を落としたらまた、次の学年で勉強します。決められた数の単位と必修科目を合格しないと卒業は、できません。

A 回答 (3件)

こんにちは。

元の文でも問題ないと思います。
ちょっと、こういう表現の方がいいんじゃないかなぁーと思ったところを書きますね。

In Japanese university system is diffident by universities
→Each university has the different educational system in Japan.
このような書き方はどうでしょうか?
あまり大学という単語を繰り返したり、by universityという表現よりも判りやすくなると思います。

I’ll tell you about my university Alma master
→Let me tell you about my university.
母校と言う表現は特に必要ないと思いますよ。
my university で、自分が卒業した大学とわかります。

私が行っていた大学では、
一回生=freshman
二回生=sophomore
三回生=junior
四回生=senior
という表現を使ってました。

First year students must study education subjects.
→We have to study the liberal arts in our first year/when we are a freshman.
studentsより、we とした方が良い気がします。自分が経験した事ですし・・・。
一般教養はthe liberal artsと言う言葉を使っていました。(うちの大学の場合ですが)

If you become second year student, you must do special study. ( Second year students must study education subjects and special subjects.)
If はちょっとおかしい気がします。順番的に必ず2年生になるわけですし。
どちらかと言うと、When we are ...という表現にした方がいいと思います。私だったら、
→In sophomore year, we start studying our major as well as the liberal arts.
とか。
専門科目はmajorを使うのが一般的な気がします。

Third years & fourth years students must study almost special subjects. 
→In junior and senior years, we mainly study our major.

Fourth years students must write a graduation thesis.( If you don’r pass it, you don’t graduate university.
→At the end of our university years, we are supposed to submit our graduation thesis. We must get credit for it to graduate from university.

If you are up year, you study level up
日本語の訳がないと、ここの意味がちょっと判りません。
→As your grade in university advanced, your study gets more specific.
とかでどうかなぁと思います。

But it isn’t individual level
→and it's not depending on the individual learning ability

If you don’t pass credits(compulsory subjects,etc..) , you must study next year.
→In case we fail the subject, we need to take the same one in following year.

If you don’t pass decide number’s credits and compulsory subjects, you don’t graduate university.
決められた単位と言う表現は「取らなければならない単位」と考えた方がいいと思います。
→If we cannot pass all the subjects we are supposed to, we have to stay at school till we do.
このような表現とかはどうでしょうか?
卒業できない、というか、残らなければならないとしてみました。

全体的にifの文章が多すぎる気がします。
もし~したら、を~の時、~の場合、~すると、~するに連れて、など違った表現を覚えてみたらよいと思います。

頑張って下さいね!
    • good
この回答へのお礼

回答をありがとうございます。参考にさせていただきますね。
それと様々な表現について覚えてみたいと思います。

お礼日時:2006/06/30 20:13

こんにちは。

あなたの原稿を出来るだけ活かすようにして直しを入れてみました。

In Japan, university system is different from university to university. I would like to tell you about the curriculum of a university which I graduated from. Every freshman has to take subjects. on general education curriculum

When successfully advancing to the sophomore, you have to take some technical study. (Every sophomore has to take some technical training course.) Junior and senior have to take rest of the technical training.

Every senior has to write a graduation thesis. ( If you can’t pass it, you can’t graduate from the university. ) If you advance to upper grades, your study level will be graded up. But it is not an individual level.

In case of your failing to pass credits (compulsory subjects, etc..), you have to repeat the same study another years until getting the required credits. If you can’t get them and compulsory study subjects, you will not be able to graduate from the university.

• good
この回答へのお礼

回答をありがとうございます。参考にさせていただきますね。

お礼日時:2006/06/30 20:09

すべてを添削するのは大変なので、

教養科目は"general education"で通じます。"education subuject"だと何となく教育学のような感じを受けました。
また、文章の後半に否定文が多くてわかりづらいので、「○○しないとXXできない」よりは「XXするには、○○しないといけない。」という表現が好ましく思えます。例えば
If you don’t pass decide number’s credits and compulsory subjects, you don’t graduate university.
よりも
To graduate the university you must to pass decided number of credits and compulsory subjects.
の方が自然です。
    • good
この回答へのお礼

アドバイスをありがとうございます。参考にさせていただきますね。

お礼日時:2006/06/30 20:08

お探しのQ&Aが見つからない時は、教えて!gooで質問しましょう!