プロが教える店舗&オフィスのセキュリティ対策術

英会話教室用にスピーチを考えましたが、だんだん書いているうちに判らなくなってきました。特に"He understands that they wish their babies happiness and the possibility of meaning, or a particular sound that Kanji has." は、「作者は、両親が子供の幸せと可能性を漢字の意味と音にたくしていることを理解している。」と言う意味で書きましたが、どうでしょうか?
他にも指摘がありましたら、お願いいたします。

Yesterday, I read a book review. The book title was, `Yominikui namae ha naze fuetaka?` Translating this literally into English, `Why did the names that were unreadable increase?` The writer asks why, in these days, so many parents name their children unreadable names using difficult Kanji. He understands that they wish their babies happiness and the possibility of meaning, or a particular sound that Kanji has. Some parents also really worry about distinguishing their babies from others. Thus, they choose difficult Kanji to read and unusual ways to pronounce them.
Also, he warns that these trends might ruin the system of Kanji that has a long history. I generally agree with him, and think that we need some more strict rules for naming babies.

A 回答 (3件)

少しくどい気がしました。

スピーチですからもっと文を短めにした方がいい気がします。また、strict の比較級は stricter でいいのではないかと思いました。

I read a book "Yominikui namae ha naze fuetaka?" yasterday.
That means why Japanese parents tend to name their babies with difficlt Kanji these days ?
The writer answers to it.
You know each kanji has its own meaning, and parents want their babies to be happy with auspicious kanji names.
And some parents don't like their babie's name to be too common.They think baby's name is a "special gift" to their babies. That's the reason they tend to use Kanji which most Janpnese people can't even just read !
Author saids, this trend might ruin kanji system which has a long history. I agree with him. And I also think we need stricter rules for baby-naming.

※auspicious :縁起の良い
    • good
この回答へのお礼

ありがとうございました。
「こんな風にも書けるのかぁ。」と感心してしまいました。
これぐらいだといかにもしゃべってるって感じがして、大好きです。
これから、毎週あるのですが、なるべく軽くしゃべることを頭に入れて考えていきたいと思います。

お礼日時:2007/09/28 13:57

意味は完全に分かりますし、大変お上手だと思います。

でも少しばかり、表現方法を変えて書いてみました。完全ではありませんが、かなり、外国人には判りやすくなったのかなと、、、スピーチの趣旨は全く変えておりません、単純に英文とその流れをどのようにうまく簡潔に訴えるかに関してだけ、、、ここは質問者の本来の質問の趣旨に出来るだけ沿ってお答えする場所と心得ておりますので。

Yesterday, I read a book review. It is tiled "Yominikui namae ha naze fuetaka?" meaning, "We have more & more names hard to read now, why?"

The writer asks why,in these days,so more parents like to name their children in unreadable difficult Kanji. He points out that they do so just to wish their babies future happiness and limiteless potentiality simply from complicated sounding these difficult Kanji give.

It seems,he says,some want to let their kids names look and sound different from other ordinary names. So, they likely select difficult Kanji hard to read and let others read sometimes in unusual pronouncing, trying to show the names looking and sounding different and special.

Also he warns that these funny trend might possibly damage our traditional naming system in Kanji. I generally agree with him and think some more strict rules might be needed for ordinary naming and reading.
    • good
この回答へのお礼

ありがとうございました。
プリントアウトして、よくよく読ませていただき、参考にさせていただきます。

お礼日時:2007/09/28 13:48

個々の英文の優劣はおいといて、スピーチであれば何が話したいテーマが不明瞭です。

1)本の紹介をしたい
または、
2)子供の名前を付ける場合の問題点を考えたい
のどちらでしょうか?

通常の英語でのスピーチ(文章を書く場合も同様)では、冒頭とまとめは同じ内容です。

冒頭は本の紹介をして、最後は子供の名づけに関する考えを述べるのはスピーチの目的が不明瞭になります。

文頭を生かすのであれば、まとめは例えば、「このようにこの本は子供の名前における漢字の使い方への筆者の考えを述べてます。面白い本なので是非、本(レビューでは無く)私も読みたいと思います。」などのまとめになりますし、
逆にまとめを生かすのであれば、「昨日、私は本のレビューを通して、子供の名前の漢字について、新たな考えを持ちました。」などから始まるほうが自然です。
    • good
この回答へのお礼

ご指摘ありがとうございました。
9月から先生が変わって、ショートスピーチをすることになりました。
今まで、何も考えずに思いつくままにしゃべっていただけでしたので、何をどう書いたらいいのか?まして英語で。
よくよく考えてみたら、”2)子供の名前を付ける場合の問題点を考えたい”という主旨のことを書きたいのだと思い当たりました。
月曜がクラスですので、もう少し考えて書いてみます。

お礼日時:2007/09/28 13:45

お探しのQ&Aが見つからない時は、教えて!gooで質問しましょう!