幼稚園時代「何組」でしたか?

My partner's children, who are in middle school, will spend most of their spring break with us. (They mostly live with their mom.) It's also my spring break -- I'm a teacher -- and will be the first time my partner and I have had synced vacations since moving in together.

My partner has planned an extremely kid-centric vacation, to a place where most of the activities will revolve around the boys' interests, which makes total sense, but he doesn't want to plan anything he thinks is age-inappropriate. For example, he was uncomfortable with my suggestion that we spend part of one day wine-tasting, which we both love and mostly do when the kids aren't around.

When I was a kid, our parents planned adult-centric vacations and we entertained ourselves or learned to enjoy whatever our parents were doing. I get that that's an unpopular parenting philosophy these days. I get that my expectations of enjoying a vacation with him will have to adjust to include the kids, but spending almost five straight days doing only kid stuff is beginning to feel like a thankless chore.

I am wondering whether there's a way to back out without seeming like a party pooper, or if I should push back on my partner's insistence that we eliminate all adult fun on the trip.

synced vacationsは「同時期の休暇」でしょうか?あと、push back on my partner's insistenceはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

A 回答 (2件)

■「synced 【略】=synchronized 同期(化)された」ですので、「synced vacations」は「同期化された休暇」、すなわち、質問者さんのおっしゃる通り、「同時期の休暇」でOKだと思います。

■「push back」には「〈…を〉後ろへ押しやる[返す]、〈敵を〉後退させる」という意味がありますが、「push back on my partner's insistence」は「夫の主張に反対する」という意味でしょう。ちなみに、pushbackを名詞で使えば「反対、抵抗」という意味になります。
(例)Around the world, there is a pushback on women’s rights.
    • good
この回答へのお礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

お礼日時:2019/03/30 20:38

syncedはNo.1 さんの書かれている通り、シンクロナイズの略語ですから、同日程のバケーションという意味ですね。

ここが面白いので全部訳しますね(笑)
I am wondering whether there's a way to back out without seeming like a party pooper, or if I should push back on my partner's insistence that we eliminate all adult fun on the trip.
場を白けさせてるように自分が見られずに引っ込む方法がないかしら、あるいはこの旅行中に大人の楽しみはすべてご法度にするという私のバートナーの主張を押し返すべきかしら。
    • good
この回答へのお礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

お礼日時:2019/03/30 20:38

お探しのQ&Aが見つからない時は、教えて!gooで質問しましょう!