アプリ版:「スタンプのみでお礼する」機能のリリースについて

以下の英文の添削をお願いできますでしょうか?

I took part in volunteer work in Tohoku where I was searching for missing people from the horrible earthquake which happened a year and a half ago. There are still over 2800people who have not been found.
I had to have a feeling of helplessness when I saw the horrible scars of the disaster, but it is a reality that there are still a lot of people who lost their family and have to continue to live in the scares.
I think it is an important to find missing people as soon as possible so that the family of them will be able to take a step toward recovery.

(原文)
1年半前に発生した地震による行方不明者を捜索するためのボランティア活動に参加してきました。今なお2800名以上の方々が行方不明となっています。
災害のすさまじい爪痕を見て、私は自分の無力さを感じざるを得ませんでした。でも、家族を失って、その爪痕の中で生活を続けている方々がいるのも現実なんですよね。
行方不明者のご家族の方々が復興の一歩を踏み出せるようにするためにも、一日も早く行方不明者を見つけることが重要だと感じています。

A 回答 (1件)

こんにちは

こんな感じにしてみました。

I took part in a volunteer work in Tohoku, where I serched for missing people from the horrible earthquake happened a year and half ago. More than 2800 people are still missing.
Looking at the scars left by the horrible natual disaster, I cannot help feeling helplessness; however, it is true that many people who lost their families or loved ones have to continue their lives in such scars.
I think it is important to find missing people as soon as possible so that families of them will be able to take a step forward ふfor recovery.

この原文は質問者さんが作ったものでしょうか?
英文で何かを作るように、という宿題でもあったのでしょうか?

もし、そうであるなら、是非、英語で最初から文章を考える事をお勧めします。

「でも、家族を失って、その爪痕の中で生活を続けている方々がいるのも現実なんですよね。」

というような、感情が入った文章や、日本語のニュアンスが不明瞭なものは、日本語から英語にはとてもしにくいです。
「現実なんですよね」 という日本語の本質は、発言した人がそのニュアンスが一番よくわかっていると思います。
私はここでは「it is true 」と訳しましたが、 
現実を見ると、 という意味で looking at reality という英語も使えると思います。

また、「復興」に関しては、 recovery, rebuild, rebirth といった言葉が使われています

私は rebirth という言葉が一番好きです。
    • good
この回答へのお礼