【あるあるbot連動企画】あるあるbotに投稿したけど採用されなかったあるある募集

Iris Murdochの経歴を読むと筆の速い人だとわかりますが、筆の速い人はやっぱり簡潔な英語を書くのでしょうか?
Iris Murdochを英語の手本にしているという人の書き込みを読んだことがあるのですが、日本人にもおすすめですか。

A 回答 (2件)

日常的に経験しそうな事柄の記述を拾ってみましたが、どうでしょうね。

こういうのは、ご自分の判断が一番だと思います。

確かに難しくはないと思いますが、一つ一つの作品が長いようですから、自分の趣味とフィットしなければいくら英語が簡潔でもやってられないんじゃないですか。英語は簡潔でも、話は冗長ということもあるかもしれませんしね。

ところで、その「書き込み」というのはネット情報ですか?
もしそうなら、まったく読んでない人が書いてる可能性だってありますよ。ご注意ください。

Under the Net
http://books.google.co.jp/books/about/Under_the_ …

'If I would be you,' said Dave, 'I would take a proper job.' He pointed to the white wall of the hospital which loomed very close outside the window.
'There they want always orderlies,' he said. 'You might even be a nurse. Or you could do something for part time.'

The Black Prince
http://www.rulit.net/books/the-black-prince-read …

What is ugly and undignified is hardest of all, harder than wickedness, to soften into a mutually acceptable past. We forgive those who have seen us vile sooner than those who have seen us humiliated.

'Think, Julian, think. He is thirty-eight years older than you are.'
'No, he isn't,' said Julian. 'He's forty-six, and that's – '
Arnold gave a sort of laugh and there was the same spasm in his face.
'He told you that, did he? He's fifty-eight. Ask him.'
'He can't be – '
'Look him up in Who's Who.'
'I'm not in Who's Who.'
'Bradley, how old are you? '
'Fifty-eight.'

I believe that unfulfilled frustrated people probably spend a lot of their lives in pure fantasy-dreaming.

The Sea, the Sea
http://www.rulit.net/books/the-sea-the-sea-read- …

We rarely meet, but when we do we tread upon a ground which is deep and old. We are both only children, the sons of brothers close in age (Uncle Abel was slightly younger than my father) who had no other siblings. Though we rarely reminisce, the fact remains that our childhood memories are a common stock which we share with no one else. There are those who, even if valued, remain sinister witnesses from the past. James is for me such a witness. It is not even clear whether we like each other. If I were told today that James was dead my first emotion might be pleasurable; though how much does this prove?

The Time of the Angels  
http://books.google.co.jp/books/about/A_Time_of_ …

The snow, just visible in the dusky yellow dark, was falling thickly now, the flakes turning slightly as they fell, composing together a huge rotating pattern too complex for the eye, which seemed to extend itself persuasively and enter the body with a sighing hypnotic caress. The whole world was very quietly spiralling and shifting. Pattie stood dazed and looked out at the snow for a long time.

A Word Child
http://books.google.co.jp/books?hl=ja&id=1fomAAA …

I had finished some time ago turning a piece of Carlyle into faultless fruity Tacitean Latin. Complacently I watched the other examinees who were desperately writing. Idly I turned the examination paper over. There were a whole lot of questions on the back which I had failed to notice, and there were only twenty minutes left in which to answer them all. I began frenziedly to write, but now my pen was refusing to function, no ink was coming out of it,
    • good

The Bell

http://www.rulit.net/books/the-bell-read-248047- …

It was a devilish hot day. She reflected all the same that she was lucky to have a seat, and with a certain satisfaction watched the corridor fill up with people who had no seats.
 Another elderly lady, struggling though the crush, reached the door of Dora's carriage and addressed her neighbour. "Ah, there you are, dear, I thought you were nearer the front." They looked at each other rather gloomily, the standing lady leaning at an angle through the doorway, her feet trapped in a heap of luggage. They began a conversation about how they had never seen the train so full.
 Dora stopped listening because a dreadful thought had struck her. She ought to give up her seat. She rejected the thought, but it came back. There was no doubt about it. The elderly lady who was standing looked very frail indeed, and it was only proper that Dora, who was young and healthy should give her seat to the lady who could then sit next to her friend. Dora felt the blood rushing to her face. She sat still and considered the matter. There was no point in being hasty. It was possible of course that while clearly admitting that she ought to give up her seat she might nevertheless simply not do so out of pure selfishness. This would in some ways be a better situation than what would have been the case if it had simply not occurred to her at all that she ought to give up her seat. On the other side of the seated lady a man was sitting. He was reading his newspaper and did not seem to be thinking about his duty. Perhaps if Dora waited it would occur to the man to give his seat to the other lady? Unlikely. Dora examined the other inhabitants of the carriage. None of them looked in the least uneasy. Their faces, if not already buried in books, reflected the selfish glee which had probably been on her own a moment since as she watched the crowd in the corridor. There was another aspect to the matter. She had taken the trouble to arrive early, and surely ought to be rewarded for this. Though perhaps the two ladies had arrived as early as they could? There was no knowing. But in any case there was an elementary justice in the first comers having the seats. The old lady would be perfectly all right in the corridor. The corridor was full of old ladies anyway, and no one else seemed bothered by this, least of all the old ladies themselves! Dora hated pointless sacrifices. She was tired after her recent emotions and deserved a rest. Besides, it would never do to arrive at her destination exhausted. She regarded her state of distress as completely neurotic. She decided not to give up her seat.
 She got up and said to the standing lady "Do sit down here, please. I'm not going very far, and I'd much rather stand anyway."
 "How very kind of you!" said the standing lady. "Now I can sit next to my friend. I have a seat of my own further down, you know. Perhaps we can just exchange seats? Do let me help you to move your luggage."
 Dora glowed with delight. What is sweeter than the unhoped-for reward for the virtuous act?
    • good

お探しのQ&Aが見つからない時は、教えて!gooで質問しましょう!