プロが教えるわが家の防犯対策術!

marry,consult,approach,answer,enter,reach,attend,mention,searchの他動詞を使った英文があるのですが、間違っているところがありましたら教えてください。(語句の使い方、スペルミス、そもそも国語的に話が成立しているかetc.)

My friend Lisa marry a man who is two years older than her so I thought to go to her wedding ceremony but I didn't know where I should go. I consulted map to get information but I couldn't so I approached a old man to ask the way to church of her wedding ceremony. He answered that"you should go straight and turn right at the second signal". I mailed for Lisa to be late the ceremony just in case and went straight. Ten minutes later, I reached the church. I entered there, there were not any people. I was surprised and checked my cell phone so there was a mail from Lisa. It said,"the wedding is tomorrow!" Next day, I was able to attend it. I mention which I learned "we should prepare when we search somewhere" and "we confirm days!"

また、これにsurviveを入れられるとしたらどこに、どんな風に入るでしょうか?

よろしくお願いします。

A 回答 (2件)

but I didn't know where it is held. I consulted map...

どこでウェディングが行われるか知らないのに地図で調べるのはやはりおかしい。
but I didn't know the exact location of the church where is held... (でもウェディングが行われる教会の正確な位置を知らなかった) なら分かる。

consulted map → consulted a map
map は数えられる名詞

so I approached an old man
老人に近寄った時に自分が歩いていたのか車を運転していたのか想像がつかない。読者の頭にどんな状況だったか思い浮かぶような描写を追加した方がよいです。第三者が始めて読むことを想定して自分の文章を読み直しましょう。

I was surprised and checked my cell phone so there was a text message from Lisa.
これは以前指摘し忘れました。so でつなぐと、「だから」という意味になります。
"I was surprised and checked my cell phone" が Lisa からメッセージが入っていた理由にはならないので、
I was surprised and checked my cell phone, and then there was a text message from Lisa.
とする方がいいでしょう。

we should study where I want to go in advance
we で始まっているのに途中で I に変わっている。
    • good
この回答へのお礼

何度もご回答本当に本当にありがとうございました。とても助かりました!これから英語をもっと勉強します!

お礼日時:2014/05/17 15:07

あるべき情報が抜けていてアレっと思うところがあります。

My friend Lisa marry a man
→ My friend Lisa is marrying a man
最初の文章だけ読むと、invitation (招待) を受けずに勝ってにウェディングに行こうとしているように思える。

I didn't know where I should go
どこに行っていいかも分らないのにいきなり地図で調べられるわけがない。まずどこでウェディングが行われるかを知っておかなければならないのでは?

a old man → an old man
that"you → that "you
second signal". → second signal." (ピリオドの位置)

mailed → emailed
mail は郵送する
email することを「メールする」というのは日本人。
I mailed for Lisa to be late to be late the ceremony
→ I emailed Lisa that I would be late for the ceremony
a mail from Lisa → an email from Lisa
実際には email じゃなくて text message だったのかなという気がするが。その場合は、I texted Lisa...

I mention which I learned
無理やり mention が使われている。
I leaned で十分。すると、mention をどこか別のところに入れなければいけなくなるが。

we should prepare when we search somewhere
意味がよく分らない。

we confirm days → we should confirm dates

Because I got the date wrong, I survived a day of would-be disaster. をNext day の前に入れるとかどうでしょうか。

この回答への補足

とても詳しく見てくださりありがとうございます。申し訳ありませんがもう一度直したものを見ていただけないでしょうか。お時間ありましたらよろしくお願いします。
My friend Lisa is marrying a man who is two years older than her and I was invited by her so I thought to go to her wedding ceremony but I didn't know where it is held. I consulted map to get information but I couldn't so I approached an old man to ask the way to church of her wedding ceremony. He answered that "you should go straight and turn right at the second signal." I texted Lisa that I would be late for the ceremony just in case and went straight. Ten minutes later, I reached the church. I entered there, there were not any people. I was surprised and checked my cell phone so there was a text message from Lisa. It said,"the wedding is tomorrow!" Because I got the date wrong, I survived a day of would-be disaster. Next day, I was able to attend it. I learned "we should study where I want to go in advance
" and "we should confirm the days!"

ちなみに、mentionとsearchはそれぞれ覚えることにしました

補足日時:2014/05/16 22:20
    • good

お探しのQ&Aが見つからない時は、教えて!gooで質問しましょう!