アプリ版:「スタンプのみでお礼する」機能のリリースについて

次の文章を、こなれた日本語に訳すなら、どんな感じになりますでしょうか。

I admire her unapologetic dedication to her vision, which still allows for plenty of growth and change.

全体の文章は、以下のようなものです。(★から★までが、質問の文章です。)

I first met Yayoi Kusama in 2006 when I visited her studio in Tokyo. I’d been told she was quite a special person, and it was incredibly true. She arrived to meet me in a colored wig and a caftan-like creation of hers with all her signature spots. Her eyes never left mine, and she held my hand often as she talked to me. She kept repeating certain phrases: “We must create, we must create, it’s important that we create.” We spent a few hours together, and every time I tried to leave, she’d pull me back in. It made perfect sense with the art she creates—the intensity, the repetition. She just felt like the embodiment of what she makes.

This is a woman who’s been around for a very long time, who’s done some really radical and revolutionary things in the art world. ★I admire her unapologetic dedication to her vision, which still allows for plenty of growth and change.★ When people look back at her work decades from now, they’ll see that her idea of creation and infinity has an eternal endurance.

A 回答 (4件)

彼女が何の衒いもなく自分の夢に打ち込んでいること、そしてその彼女の夢が更に大きく成長し、変化する余地を残していることに、私は感銘を受けた。

• good
この回答へのお礼

ご回答をいただき、誠にありがとうございます。
お礼を申し上げるのが、大変遅くなってしまい、本当に申し訳ありません。

"vision" は「夢」と訳されたんですね。訳を考える時、辞書の訳をそのまま当てはめるのではなく、文脈に応じて、自分で適した言葉を考えなければいけないことも多いですが、この "vision" もそんなケースだと思います。

ここで "vision" を「夢」とするのも、なかなかいいなあと思いました。

お礼日時:2016/09/30 01:22

こんなのはどうでしょう?

私は妥協のない芸術に向ける信念と将来に向かって無限に柔軟に成長し続ける彼女の姿勢に脱帽した。
    • good
この回答へのお礼

ご回答をいただき誠にありがとうございます。
お礼を申し上げるのが大変遅くなってしまい、本当に申し訳ありません。

「妥協のない」って訳、いいですね。
あと、「脱帽」っていうのもいいなと思いました。

良い訳を教えて下さって、ありがとうございました。
参考になりました。