アプリ版:「スタンプのみでお礼する」機能のリリースについて

One summer's day in 1862, a young man and a pretty little girl got into a rowing boat on the River Thames.
The man was Charles Dodgson, a professor of mathematics at Oxford University, and the pretty dark-haired girl was Alice Liddell, his friend's daughter. It was a very hot day and as he gently rowed the boat on the peace- ful river, his young companion began to get restless.
"Tell me a story," she said, "with plenty of nonsense in it."
So Dodgson began to invent a fantastic story to amuse his pretty young friend.
"Alice was beginning to get very tired," he began, "sitting with nothing to do...

Dodgson made Alice the central character of the story, and as he described her fantastic journey, little Alice Liddell listened atten- tively, smiled, laughed and cried.
This was the beginning of a story that would captivate children throughout the world for the next hundred years.
He called the story, "Alice's Adventures in Wonder land' and published it under the name of Lewis Carroll.
In the winter of 1928, a little old lady entered Sotheby's, a fa mous auctioneer's in London. "Excuse me," she said, "I was told you accept manuscripts for auction.
You see, I need some money, so I would like to sell thi old manuscript.
"Yes, we do accept manuscripts," said the auctioneer, "but they have to be original and by famous authors.
"This is an original manuscript, it was given to me many years ago by a friend of my family," replied the old lady, "I don't want to part with it, but I have to sell it."

She handed him the manuscript. He opened it and read the hand- written inscription inside.
"A Christmas gift to a dear child in memory of a Summer's day.
The auctioneer stopped reading and looked up at the little old woman who was standing in front of him.
Tears were rolling down her cheeks.
You... you are Alice," he said slowly.
"Yes," replied the old lady, "I am Alice."
The manuscript was sold to an American collector for $77,000, and Alice lived comfortably until her death.

A 回答 (1件)

1862年の夏のある日、若い男と可愛い少女がテムズ川で手こぎボートに乗っていた。

男は Charles Dodgson、 Oxford 大学で数学の教授をしており、可愛い黒髪の少女は Alice Liddellで、彼の友人の娘だった。
暑い日で穏やかな川を彼は優しく船を漕いでいたので、少女は退屈しはじめた。
何か話してよ、と彼女は言った、つまらないことをたっぷり詰め込んでね。
そこでDodgson はその少女を楽しませるために夢物語をひねり出した。

アリスは、することもなく座っていることにとても疲れ始め、と彼は語り始めた。

Dodgson は Alice をその話の主人公にした、そして彼女の途方もなく不思議な旅を語った。小さなAlice Liddell は熱心に聞き、微笑み、笑い、歓声を上げた。これが、次の100年間世界中の子供たちを魅了することになる物語の始まりだった。彼はその物語を「不思議の国のアリス」と名付け、Lewis Carrollのペンネームで出版した。

1928年の冬、小さな老婆がSotheby'sの店、ロンドンで有名な競売人の店に入った。ごめんなさい、彼女は言った、わたしは貴方は原稿を競売にかけてくれると聞いています。見ての通り、私はお金が入り用なので、古い原稿を売りたいのです。
ええ確かに、うちは原稿を引き受けますよ、競売人は言った、でもそれは直筆のオリジナルでしかも有名な作者のものでないといけませんよ。
これはオリジナルの原稿です、むかし私の家族の友人から頂いたものなのです。老婆は答えた。私は手放したくはないけど、でもお金に換えなければならないの。

彼女はその原稿を彼に手渡した。彼はそれを開いて中の手書きの献辞を読んだ。「夏の日の思い出の愛する子供へのクリスマスの贈り物」
競売人は読むのを止めて、彼の前に立っている小さな老婆を見上げた。
涙が彼女の頬を伝って流れ落ちていた。
あなたがあの、あなたがアリス、と彼はゆっくり言った。
ええ、老婆は答えた、私がアリスです。
その原稿はアメリカ人の収集家に77,000ドルで売られた。そしてアリスは死ぬまで安穏に暮らした。
    • good
この回答へのお礼

ありがとうございました

お礼日時:2017/01/29 12:02