アプリ版:「スタンプのみでお礼する」機能のリリースについて

I recently heard from my parents that my college-age cousin has come out as trans. They heard from other family members and were told it was a secret. I’m not friends with my cousin on Facebook, but on her public profile she’s using female pronouns and a typically female variation of her name. All of this tells me that if it’s a “secret” that’s less in the sense she’s not out yet than in the sense that the family doesn’t quite know what to do with this information.

if it’s a “secret” that’s less in the sense she’s not out yet than in the sense that the family doesn’t quite know what to do with this information.の訳と訳し方のコツを教えてください。よろしくお願いします

A 回答 (4件)

if it's a "secret" that's less in the sense she's not out yet than in the sense that the family doesn't quite know what to do with this information.

■①
if it's a "secret," then that is less xxx than yyy

もしそれを秘密と言うならばそれは xxx と言うより yyy の意味においてだ。

■②
less A than B ⇒ Aと言うよりB

A = it's a secret in the sense she's not out yet = 彼女がカミングアウトしていないと言う意味の秘密

B = it's a secret in the sense that the family doesn't quite know what to do with this = 家族がその事実に対してどう対応すれば良いのかわからないと言う意味の秘密

↓↓

less in the sense she's not out yet than in the sense that the family doesn't quite know what to do with this information.

彼女がカミングアウトしていないと言う意味の秘密と言うより家族がその事実に対してどう対応すれば良いのかわからないと言う意味の秘密

■① + ②
if it's a "secret" that's less in the sense she's not out yet than in the sense that the family doesn't quite know what to do with this information.

もしそれを秘密と言うならばそれは彼女がカミングアウトしていないと言う意味より家族がその事実に対してどう対応すれば良いのかわからないと言う意味の秘密だ。
    • good
この回答へのお礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

お礼日時:2018/08/08 00:57

彼じゃない、「彼女」書き損じアリ

• good

最近おとんおかんから大学生の年頃にいとこがトランスジェンダーだってカミングアウトしたって聞いたんよ。

親戚の誰かから聞いたらしいけんど、コレってヒミツなんだそうで。そんいとことはフェイスブックで繋がってはいないんだけど、公表されてる自己紹介では女性称と彼の名前の女性バージョンでというw これらん事やなんかから判断して、秘密っちゅうても実際にはマジでどーんとカミングアウト晒したワケじゃなくって親族(家族)もこの件に関してどうすりゃ良いんかワケワカメって状態なんだと思うんよ。
    • good
この回答へのお礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

お礼日時:2018/08/08 00:57

If it's a secret, that's ~

もしそれが secret であるというのなら、
そのことは~

more A than B なら
「B というよりむしろ A」
less A than B なら
「A というよりむしろ B」

そのことは、まだ公にされていないという意味よりも、