アプリ版:「スタンプのみでお礼する」機能のリリースについて

Said one commentator about the Hangzhou rescue: “Yesterday [US President] Obama had a beer with out-of-work construction workers. Today, I see a story about an American tourist jumping into the water to save someone. I finally realized why America is such a strong country and will continue to be one.”

By Tuesday afternoon, more than 9.3 million people had posted comments on the toddler’s accident on Sina’s Weibo, the leading microblog, or Tencent Holdings’ QQ service. Far fewer commented on the Hangzhou rescue — in the scores of thousands — but those who did raised the same ethical questions.

In an unscientific online survey conducted by the Web site ifeng.com, the 170,000 respondents, who voted on their own initiative, judged by a wide margin that the toddler’s case was proof that the Chinese people’s morals and mutual trust were eroding under the pressures of modern society.

Yet the question of compassion in Chinese society is not a new one. In 1894, an American missionary, Arthur H. Smith, wrote an influential book, Chinese Characteristics, in which an entire chapter, Absence of Sympathy, raised some of the same questions.

A 回答 (2件)

Said one commentator about the Hangzhou rescue: “Yesterday [US President] Obama had a beer with out-of-work construction workers. Today, I see a story about an American tourist jumping into the water to save someone. I finally realized why America is such a strong country and will continue to be one.”

杭州での救助に関して1人のコメンテーターが言いました。「昨日、[米国の大統領]オバマは、失職した建設作業員とビールを飲みました。今日、私は、誰かを救うために水に飛び込んだアメリカの観光客の話を見ています。私は、なぜアメリカがそのような強い国であって、唯一の国であり続けるのか、ようやく理解しました。」

By Tuesday afternoon, more than 9.3 million people had posted comments on the todler’s accident on Sina’s Weibo, the leading microblog, or Tencent Holdings’ QQ service. Far fewer commented on the Hangzhou rescue — in the scores of thousands — but those who did raised the same ethical questions.
火曜の午後までに、930万人以上が、よちよち歩きの幼女の事故について、主要なマイクロブログ、「Sina’s Weibo」、または、「Tencent Holdings’のQQサービス」上にコメントを送信しました。杭州での救助に関しては、はるかに少数(数千の単位)の人しかコメントしませんでしたが、しかし、コメントした人々は、同じ倫理的問題を持ち出していました。

In an unscientific online survey conducted by the Web site ifeng.com, the 170,000 rspondents, who voted on their own initiative, judged by a wide margin that the toddler’s case was proof that the Chinese people’s morals and mutual trust were eroding under the pressures of modern society.
ウェブサイトifeng.comによって行われた、あまり厳密ではないオンライン調査の中で、自分の独創性を自認する170,000人の回答者が、大ざっぱに次のような判断を示した。よちよち歩きの幼児の事例は、近代社会の圧力の下で中国人の道徳と相互信頼が腐食しかかっている証拠である、と。

Yet the question of compassion in Chinese society is not a new one. In 1894, an American missionary, Arthur H. Smith, wrote an influential book, Chinese Char-acteristics, in which an entire chapter, Absence of Sympathy, raised some of the same questions.
しかし、中国社会での人情に関する問題は、新しい質問ではありません。1894年には、アメリカ人宣教師アーサーH.スミスが、『中国の特性』という影響力のある本を書いており、その中の「思いやりの欠如」という1つの章全体で、同じ質問のうちのいくつかを上げている。
    • good

kumadam さんこんにちは

http://www.excite.co.jp/world/english/
↑このサイトで和訳できます

参考URL:http://www.excite.co.jp/world/english/
    • good

お探しのQ&Aが見つからない時は、教えて!gooで質問しましょう!