アプリ版:「スタンプのみでお礼する」機能のリリースについて

企業に提出する自己PRの英訳添削をお願いします。
最初に私が日本語で書いた内容を書きます。そのあと、英訳を
書きますので、添削お願いします。

内容ー> あなたの弱みを述べよ。
【日本語】
私の弱みは、義理人情に弱いことです。
この様に考えている理由は、例えば、私はアルバイトをしている時に人が足りないと言われれば、例え自分がテスト前だったとしてもどうしても断ることが出来ず仕事に行っていましたし、卒業研究発表の二日前に友人から留年しそうだから勉強を教えてくれといわれた時にも、友人が困っているのを見捨てることは出来ず勉強を教えに行きました。

【英語】
My weakness is that I cannot reject people’s request. For example, whenever I was asked to go working part-time for lack of employees, I could not refuse the offer there even if I was very busy for studying for finals. Additionally, on two days before due date of my research necessary for college graduation, my friend ask me to teach her study because she almost dropped her credit. I was so busy, but I could not abandon her and I helped her.

かなり意訳ですみません。
アドバイスお願いします。

A 回答 (4件)

弱みを述べよという質問は本当の弱みを言ってはいけません。

この質問は企業からしたらほしいと思わせることを弱みとしていって自分を売るというのが意図です。説明内容からすると、その意図をしっかりつかんでるとは思いますが。

My weakness is that I cannot reject people’s request.  Cannotではネガティブすぎます。I have hard time turning down people’s requests.とかI incline to help others even when I have a lot on my plate(少々くだけすぎているかも)とか。

For example, whenever I was asked to go working part-time for lack of employees, I could not refuse the offer there even if I was very busy for studying for finals. “Could not refuse the offer”というのは自分にとってとても条件が良いのでNoといえなかったという場面で使われることが多いです。For example, when I was asked to take/work extra shifts at my part time job because there was no one else who could take the shifts, I stepped in even though it was during (a day/ the week before) the finals week.

Additionally, on two days before due date of my research necessary for college graduation, my friend ask me to teach her study because she almost dropped her credit. I was so busy, but I could not abandon her and I helped her.→In another occasion, a friend asked me to help her with her studies because she was to fail a class. I could not desert her and went to help her even though it was two days before my dissertation presentation. AbandonもDesertもなんとなく文章に会わないのです。でも「見捨てなかった」ということを言いたいのだと思い残しておきました。

結構文体や言葉など変えてしまったので参考まで。

両方ともこれらの後にどうやって自分の勉強と、バイトや友達への助言を両立させたかをさらりと入れるともっと良いと思います。聞く側としてはその辺りのほうが聞きたいです。
    • good
この回答へのお礼

回答ありがとうございました。
miwameyさんが書いてくださった英文は私が思いつかない表現ばかり含まれていて、大変勉強になりました。英語勉強の励み、モチベーションにもつながりました。
私のために貴重な時間を割いていただき、大変感謝しております。

お礼日時:2008/07/14 11:46

二番です。

タイトルを考えてみました。 自己PR用のタイトルとして、
ついでに、タイトルを考えてみました。

“For someone who needs my help”

「私の助けを求める人がいる限り」、、かなり脚色してるし、要求された課題と外れているのを十分承知の助で、読者の興味を引っ張る意味のタイトルを、、、

I can not simply say “No".or“Sorry,I can't", you may say this might be one of my weak points, but I am somewhat proud of myself.,,,,,,,,,,,,

最後に結論めいたモノを、、、、ご自分で、
    • good

初めまして、duosonic と申します。

以下、英訳は十人十色なので、「私だったらこう訳すかな」というものです。参考にされて下さい。

【日本語】
私の弱みは、義理人情に弱いことです。
この様に考えている理由は、例えば、私はアルバイトをしている時に人が足りないと言われれば、例え自分がテスト前だったとしてもどうしても断ることが出来ず仕事に行っていましたし、卒業研究発表の二日前に友人から留年しそうだから勉強を教えてくれといわれた時にも、友人が困っているのを見捨てることは出来ず勉強を教えに行きました。

【英語】
My weakness is that I cannot reject people's request.  For example, whenever I was asked to go working part-time for lack of employees, I could not refuse the offer there even if I was very busy for studying for finals. Additionally, on two days before due date of my research necessary for college graduation, my friend ask me to teach her study because she almost dropped her credit. I was so busy, but I could not abandon her and I helped her.

>My weakness is not being able to refuse requests from others regardless of my own convenience. For example, whenever I was asked to fill an absent employee at a part-time job, I just could not refuse it even when I had to study for the final exam. Similarly, two days before my research project for college graduation was due, one of my friends asked me to help with her study because she was about to fail a course. Although I was completely tied up with my own project, again I just could not ignore it and had to help her.

、、、全体的にすごくよく書けていると思いますよ。逆に、日本語の「義理人情」というのがしっくり来ないような気がしました。内容と直接関係ないような気がします。一案ですが、素直に本文に合わせて「自分の都合に関わらず、困っている人を見ると助けずにいられないこと」としたらいかがでしょうか?

まず対比して頂いて、ご質問あれば何なりと。
    • good
この回答へのお礼

回答ありがとうございます。
バイトの人手不足の穴埋めをするなど、あまり普段使わない表現に困っていました。fill in absent, fail a course など参考にさせていただきます。
勉強になりました。
私のために時間を割いていただき大変感謝いたします。

お礼日時:2008/07/14 11:49

【英語】

My weakness is that (1) I can not reject people's request. For example, (2) whenever I was asked to go working part-time for lack of employees, I could not refuse the offer there even if I was very busy for studying for finals. Additionally, on two days before due date of my research necessary for college graduation, my friend ask(3) me to teach her study because she almost dropped her credit. I was so busy, (4) but I could not abandon her and I helped her.

詳細添削不得意に付き、代わりの例文ご提供でご勘弁を、よくお出来になるので、これだけでお判りになるのかと、不親切な答えを自己弁護(爆)

[,,,,,,]は追加しました、文意を酌んで、

(1)I can not [easily] refuse - cannot(X) - can not or can’t(OK)
(1') especially when someone is in trouble or in help.
も付け加えると、良いかも知れない、

(2)when I was [suddenly] asked to stand in for their absent part-timers

(3)my friend [asked] me to help her study because she was almost likely to drop the credit.

(4)but I finally helped her because I could not stay away from her.

最後に「建設的な」結論めいたモノが欲しいが、此所ではそれを要求されてはいないので、固くご遠慮申し上げる(爆)
    • good
この回答へのお礼

回答ありがとうございます。
細かい箇所を指摘いただき、またタイトルまで考えていただきました。
勉強になりました。
私のために貴重な時間を割いていただき、大変ありがとうございます。

お礼日時:2008/07/14 11:53

お探しのQ&Aが見つからない時は、教えて!gooで質問しましょう!