プロが教える店舗&オフィスのセキュリティ対策術

私は現在大学2年で留学しようと考えています。

語学留学-1年、どの授業も履修可能

学位留学-2年、実際にその大学を卒業するため一般教養科目(科学、歴史など)も履修しなくてはいけない。しかし卒業したら日米両方の大学での学位取得でダブルディグリーがとれる。

問題は学位留学の場合、留学が4年次9月~6年次5月までとなり卒業が2年遅れる。

語学留学の場合、今年3年次9月から4年次5月までなので卒業が遅れることはない。しかし4年の5月から就活を始めるのはあまりにも遅すぎる。

みなさんならどちらにしますか?アドバイスください!

A 回答 (3件)

>すべての正規クラス履修可能です。

英語のクラスは一つもありません。
OK. Then it should be an exchange program--instead of ESL. I'm assuming you have a sufficient English proficiency to be qualified for the classes. Your Japanese university should set the minimum qualification standard for English proficiency, which should be at around 85 in TOEFL.

>これは学校の留学プログラムなのでダブルディグリーが可能です(単位落とさない限り)
Even so, you still need to keep in mind that the classes at US universities are quite different from Japanese counterparts in several respects. First, you will be assigned a lot of readings in English. Second, you are expected to participate in class regularly. Third, you will write the papers and take the exams in English. The ideal English proficiency to keep up with undergraduate classes should be 100 or higher in TOEFL iBT or 1st grade in STEP English. Many Japanese students don't have that much in English proficiency--even very small number of those who have a spectacular command of English struggle in college life. I'm not sure if your school is categorized as foreign university or not. American university is the place to study--unlike Japanese university.
    • good

My asnwers:

>語学留学-1年、どの授業も履修可能

No. You're NOT allowed to register any classes in academic departments because the ESL students are categorized differently from regular students. You will get into the language institution adjunct to the university. Generally, you have very few choices for the classes since it is the ESL program that provides the coursework for you. I would NOT recommend the ESL program—especially you are a regular college student! It’s a remedial program for the students who have significant deficiencies in English language. The vast majority of students are Asians.

>学位留学-2年、実際にその大学を卒業するため一般教養科目(科学、歴史など)も履修しなくてはいけない。しかし卒業したら日米両方の大学での学位取得でダブルディグリーがとれる。

You've got to be careful with the eligibility for double-degree. Most schools in the US DO NOT allow the students to get a multiple degrees at different campuses. Students who are getting a dual-degree take classes at the same university. Remember such students usually take longer--at least 5 years--to finish the school.

I would choose an exchange program, if I were you. Regarding you concern with job searching, I think it depends on where you want to get a job.

この回答への補足

すべての正規クラス履修可能です。英語のクラスは一つもありません。

これは学校の留学プログラムなのでダブルディグリーが可能です(単位落とさない限り)

補足日時:2011/01/14 02:44
    • good

留学で問題なのは、何を学びに行くかです。

あなたの大学で学べるよりも、遙かに優れた教師や設備のある大学があって、そこで学びたいなら、自ずと形は決まります。

偏見かも知れませんが、語学留学とは会話を学ぶ以外に意味があるのでしょうか?
講義を受けられるといっても、試験を通らなければ駄目です(日本より遙かに厳しい)。
試験を通るくらいに講義を理解するには、かなりの英語能力が必要です。
一年くらい米国に住んでも、英語能力は大して向上しません(日常会話やスラングは別)。

そもそも、一年間も米国に留学するには数百万円かかります。
語学留学では奨学金ももらえないでしょう。
私が出会った何人かの語学留学の人で、自活しているという人達は、日本食レストランでアルバイトして、学校にも殆ど通えない場合が大部分でした。

語学留学した位では就職に有利にはならないでしょう。