プロが教えるわが家の防犯対策術!

優れたコンサルタントは、「あのコンサルタントに質問されると、自分の考えがどんどん深まっていく感じがする」「質問されているうちにこれまで気がついていない問題点に気付くことができた」「質問に答えているうちに自分たちが抱えている課題が整理されてすっきりした」といった感想を、クライアントに抱かせるものなのである。

A skillful consultant makes his or her clients have some impressions such as “when I am asked by the consultant, I feel my thought sophisticated.” “ I could find some problems which I have never noticed while the consultant asked me.” “The problem we have had was made in order while we answerd the questions of the consultant and our hart was cleared up.

宜しくお願いします。

A 回答 (2件)

1)とてもしっかりした英文だと思います。

余計な手直しにもなるかもしれませんが、別の選択肢ということでお考え下さい。

2)A skillful consultant makes his or her clients have some impressions such as

→ A skillful consultant makes his or her clients have such impressions as:

(理由:some が余分に感じます。)

3)“when I am asked by the consultant, I feel my thought sophisticated.”

→ “when my consultant asks me questions, I feel as if I acquire a new and deeper perspective while answering them;”

(理由:例を3つ並べますので、最後をセミコロンに)

4)“ I could find some problems which I have never noticed while the consultant asked me.”

→ “His questions makes me aware of different problems that I may have;" or

(理由:ここは文法的な誤りがあります。過去の単発行為の「~できた」に could は使えません。また最後に or とかが必要です。)

5)“The problem we have had was made in order while we answerd the questions of the consultant and our hart was cleared up.

→ “Interviews with my consultant always bring me a sense of relief, a sense that my problems are finally organized."

(理由:最後は、" が必要です。)

6)まとめますと

A skillful consultant makes his or her clients have such impressions as: “when my consultant asks me questions, I feel as if I acquire a new and deeper perspective while answering them;” “His questions makes me aware of different problems that I may have;" or “Interviews with my consultant always bring me a sense of relief, a sense that my problems are finally organized."

となります。1つの代案にすぎません。ご参考までに。
    • good
この回答へのお礼

御回答ありがとうございます。
とても分かりやすかったので、今回はベストアンサーに選ばせていただきます。

お礼日時:2012/10/06 09:04

まず添削ですが、impressionは「印象」という漠然としたものであるに対し、quotation marks内は具体的な意見ですから、この単語はふさわしくないと思いますし、A skillful consultant makes his or her clients have some impressions such as... というフレーズは文法にかなっていもawkwardな言い方なので、もっと簡単に:The clients of a top-notch (first-rate, crackerjack, an excellent, or exceptional, etc.) consultant may claim... とできると思います。

引用の部分は、"His Q&A sessions are helpful and educational," "He can make us see underlying problems we have not been aware of by simply asking questions," "We're now able to think clearly, and could resolve our issues." とでも。
ただ日本文をそのまま訳して良い英文になるとは限りません。まずこの引用の部分ですが、「質問をされて」「質問に答えて」など反復するところが多く、もっと簡潔にまとめる事ができると思います。下記の文はオリジナルとはかなり異なりますが、根底にある伝えるべきメッセージは大体同じだと思います:One of the traits (or, signs) of an exceptional consultant is an uncanny ability (or a knack) to educate their clients to think critically so that they will be able to have clear vision and resolve the issues they may have. (注:最近の傾向で、性別のわからない名詞ーこの場合はコンサルタントーはtheyが代名詞として使われています)
米国においてはなるべく簡潔にわかり易い文が好まれます。これは以前日本とアメリカのエアログラムを見比べて実感しましたが、日本の物の注意書きには"Nothing may be contained or attached to this envelope (だったかな?)." とあるのに対し、アメリカの方は、No attachment permitted. だけです。また、ある品物の表示で、オリジナルの日本語では「常温、日陰では二十年間保存が可能です」だったのが、アメリカ人編集者のfinal product は、"Shelf-life of 20 years." でした。
大学一年目のライティングの授業でインストラクターが言った、"A good writer can explain a complex idea in concise sentences." というのは今も覚えています。
    • good
この回答へのお礼

レベルの高いご指導ありがとうございます。

お礼日時:2012/10/06 09:03

お探しのQ&Aが見つからない時は、教えて!gooで質問しましょう!