アプリ版:「スタンプのみでお礼する」機能のリリースについて

英語の小説で
He is sick back here.
とありました。
sick backとはどんな意味ですか。

嘔吐するという意味はありますか。
それとも病気が再発するとかという意味でしょうか。

A 回答 (3件)

Above the omnipresent rumble of the city noises, I could hear a faint noise, a deep moan. It was coming from the lowered head of the young student. At first I didn't want to hear him. "I wish he would stop...I wish he would raise his head and act normal like everyone else." I could feel my breathing shallow as I kept my eyes on his head. I knew something was wrong and that I would have to be the one to do something about it.

"Driver...driver!" I yelled to the front as I jumped up from my seat. "Stop the bus...someone is sick back here!" I was pushing and shoving people out of my way. "He can't hear me" I thought as I yelled louder. I could hear the echoes swelling toward the front of the bus, people repeating my words although they could see nothing and knew nothing.

http://yourtruehero.org/content/hero/view_hero.a …

--
"someone is sick back here!"

ここでは、「ここの後部座席で気分が悪くなっている人がいます。」といった意味で使われています。

------------------------

I am so sorry I couldn't make it, but had I flown out to Hong Kong I would not have been feeling okay at all, and I would not have been able to give it even 50% of what I could....
which would have been depressing for me, and no good for you guys either. =(

I am still sick back here in America a week later, jealous of the good time you all had, but hopefully I will see you again in the new year!

peace from San Francisco, big up Dieselboy and big up Cloud 9.

Max MC Duh

http://users2.cgiforme.com/cloudnine/messages/65 …

-----

"I am still sick back here in America"

ここでは、「まだ、ここアメリカで病気のままです。」と、"back" は、物理的後方というより、気持ちの後方を示しているようです。
    • good

No.1さんの回答で正しいと思います。

He is sick back here.

です。つまり、「ここに戻ってきて気分が悪くなった」というような意味です。
    • good

sick back とつながるのでなく,back と here が同格になっています。

「ここへ戻ってきて気分が悪くなる」,あるいは,「ここの後の方で,気分が悪くなる」のような意味になると思います。
    • good

お探しのQ&Aが見つからない時は、教えて!gooで質問しましょう!