アプリ版:「スタンプのみでお礼する」機能のリリースについて

和訳お願いします!!

Good manners and etiquette are important in our lives. Without them, our world becomes an uncomfortable place to live in. However, many people have little idea of what is the right thing to do or to say in some situations. After all, we get no formal education or training in manners or etiquette. Most of us learn our manners from family and friends while we are still children. Very often, the manners we learn when we are children become habits for the rest of our lives.

I have a friend whose name is Bill. He is an executive at an American company and recently came to Japan on business. While having dinner together, he told me about how his company had tried to find a top-level manager. After much searching and interviews by experts, the list of applicants for the job was narrowed to three persons. As the final test, they were invited to dinner in a famous restaurant. Judging from the ability and experience, the last person,Tom, seemed to be the best. However, he was not employed. During dinner, he made noise while having his soup. He kept talking when eating. And he used his finger to push the last small vegetable on his fork. Bill said, "Oh, poor Tom. What a pity!"

I told Bill that his company should have employed Tom and then trained him like in Japan and that many people in the world eat with their fingers. "Oh, really?" he answered. I was also thinking of telling Bill about a famous incident that took place about ten years ago. The U.S.President got sick at a formal dinner in Tokyo and dirtied the clothes of the person sitting beside him. I would have liked to ask Bill: if people with such bad manners can become President of America, then what is wrong when someone uses his finger to push the last green pea on his fork? However, I decided to keep my mouth shut. The reason? This would be a bad topic to talk about, especially when having dinner with a friend.

よろしくお願いします 人´Д`*)

* 和訳+αで、段落ごとに約50文字ぐらいで、要約してもらえると助かります (´∀`*)

A 回答 (1件)

良い行儀作法やエチケットは、我々の生活で重要です。

それらがないと、我々の世界は、住むのに不快な場所になります。しかし、多くの人々は、ある種の状況で、何がするべき、あるいは、言うべき正しいことなのかほとんど知りません。結局のところ、我々は、行儀やエチケットに関して正式な教育や訓練を受けていないのです。我々のほとんどが、まだ子供のころに、行儀を家族や友人から学びます。多くの場合、子供時代に、我々が学ぶ行儀が、我々のその後の一生の習慣になります。

私には、ビルと言う名前の友人がいます。彼は米国企業の役員で、商用で最近日本に来ました。一緒に夕食をとっている時、彼は私に会社がどのようにトップレベルのマネージャーを発見しようとしたかについて話しました。専門家が色々調べたり面接した後、求職者のリストは、3人の人物に絞られました。最終的なテストとして、彼らは有名なレストランでの夕食に招待されました。能力と経験から判断して、トムと言う最後の人が、最適なように思えました。しかし、彼は採用されませんでした。食事中、彼はスープを飲んでいる時に音をたてました。食べている最中も、彼は話し続けました。そして、彼は、最後の小さな野菜をフォークに押しつけるために、指を使いました。ビルは、言いました。「ああ、気の毒なトム。 残念なことでした!」

私はビルに、彼の会社は、トムを雇うべきだったのに、それから日本でのように彼を訓練するべきだったのに、そして、世界の多くの人々は、指で食べると、言いました。「おや、本当に?」と、彼は答えました。私は、また、ビルに10年ほど前にあった有名な事件について話すことについて、考えていました。アメリカ大統領が、東京での正式な晩餐会で気分が悪くなり、彼のそばに座っている人の服を汚しました。私は、ビルに尋ねたかったのです: そのような無作法な人がアメリカ大統領になることができるのならば、最後のグリーンピースを彼のフォークに押しつけるために、誰かが自分の指を使うとしても、それのどこがいけないのでしょうか?しかし、私は、口を閉じておくことに決めました。理由ですか?特に友人と夕食をとるとき、これは話すには悪い話題だと思われるからです。
    • good

お探しのQ&Aが見つからない時は、教えて!gooで質問しましょう!