プロが教える店舗&オフィスのセキュリティ対策術

Carla: Why do those teenagers have to dress like that? Don’t they want to fit in?
Donald: Maybe they feel marginalized and they’re showing their feelings of alienation through their clothes.
Carla: That’s just a bunch of psychobabble. Nobody is treating them like second-class citizens. They’re choosing to set themselves apart, to make themselveso utcasts.
Donald: Maybe they don’t feel they have the same access and privileges that other people do because of social class, religious beliefs, or other factors.
Carla: Nobody is shunning them. They choose to live on the fringe of society. They need to stop making themselves conspicuous and integrate into society.
Donald: What if they doubt they’d be accepted?
Carla: That’s ridiculous.
Donald: Would you want one of them as your neighbor?
Carla: Well, I…well…
Donald: I think I’ve proved my point.

1They’re choosing to set themselves apart, to make themselves outcasts.
なのですが、to makeは目的用法でしょうか?(彼ら自身を)のけ者にするために、~との意味になるのでしょうか?
2 the same access の訳にまごついているのですが、つまり「社会的地位や宗教的な信条または他の要素のせいで、他の人と同じ権利?や特権を持っていると思いたくない」のような私訳してみたのですが.

3They need to stop making themselves conspicuous and integrate into society.
and後のintegrate はneed to後の不定詞でよろしいでしょうか?また: I think I’ve proved my point.
のmy pointとはつまり社会に溶け込むようにteenagersに求めている話者に、結局受け入れる側の用意がないでしょとのべていると考えているのですが、my pointmy point=「自分の主張(問題の核心)を証明したと思う」との捉え方でよろしいでしょうか?宜しくお願い致します。

質問者からの補足コメント

• うれしい

1ですが結果用法です。訂正します。分詞構文で置き換えmaking them outcastsのような取り方ができるとも考えるのですが。意訳を入れて頂ければ幸いです。

補足日時:2017/07/21 22:59
  • うれしい

回答ありがとうございます。つまり「のけ者に(自分達を)して、自分たちが区別することを彼らは決めている。」のような訳?に取るのですがよろしいでしょうか?不定詞の同格表現の例文及び他の質問にお答え頂ければ幸いです。

No.1の回答に寄せられた補足コメントです。 補足日時:2017/07/22 13:30

A 回答 (2件)

これを同格と説明するのは一種の常套句です。

だから同格的と。

ただ、つまり
と言い換えているだけのこと。

不定詞は関係なく、
コンマ
で同格「的」に並べるだけのこと。

my brother Tom
これは同格表現でしょうが、
Tom, my friend,