アプリ版:「スタンプのみでお礼する」機能のリリースについて

I have been with my boyfriend, Nick, for 10 years. We have been through a lot. We have a 3-year-old son, and Nick's mom passed away shortly after his birth. Nick now tells me he doesn't want to watch our son, that he wants his time for himself. All I need is for him to watch him one day a week while I'm at work. My family helps the other days.

I have a good job, which Nick wants me to leave and move across the country with him. I feel it would be a mistake to move before our cars are paid off and our son is in school, which will all happen in a year. It just seems logical, so we won't have someone we don't know watching our kid, especially because I can't predict when Nick will be in dad mode and want to watch him.

Nick says he doesn't want to wait and he's threatening to go without me. He said he didn't sign up for kids in the first place.
https://www.arcamax.com/healthandspirit/lifeadvi …

our cars are paid offは「私たちの車のローンが払い終わる」でしょうか?あと、It just seems logical, so we won't have someone we don't know watching our kid,の和訳を教えてください。あと、sign up for kidsとはどういうことでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

A 回答 (3件)

すみません、最後の質問を見逃していました。

He said he didn't sign up for kids in the first place. の訳ですが、

「彼が言うには、のっけから子供が欲しいなんて言わなかった」という意味です。直訳では、「初めから、子供(別に今いる子のことではなく、子供を持つということ)に関しての同意や契約はしなかった」ということです。

〔署名して〕~を申し込む、~に参加する
・You must submit an application to the office and sign up for an audition day and time. : 事務所に申込書を提出してオーディションの日時に申し込む[名前を登録する]必要がある。
〔署名して〕~の契約をする、~と契約する
・You should read a fine print before you sign up for anything. : 何かを契約する前にはいつも(小さい字で書かれた)詳細規定事項を読むべきである。
    • good
この回答へのお礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

お礼日時:2021/09/07 16:49

①our cars are paid offは「私たちの車のローンが払い終わる」でよいと思います。

借金を返済する、なので。
②It just seems logical, so we won't have someone we don't know watching our kid,は
「知らない誰かに子供の見守りを頼むようなことはしないのが、普通だと思うのですが。」かなり言い回しを作っていますが、内容はこういうことだと思います。
③sign up for kidsは「子供を認知する」という意味だと思いますが、日本の戸籍制度ではないので用語は不明です。
    • good
この回答へのお礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

お礼日時:2021/09/07 16:49

Cortaさん、こんにちは。

>our cars are paid offは「私たちの車のローンが払い終わる」でしょうか?
はい、まったくその通りです。

>It just seems logical, so we won't have someone we don't know watching our kid は、
それ(前の文章全体、つまり今引っ越すのは間違いという相談者の考え)が理にかなっていると思えます。そうすれば、私達の子供を、見ず知らずの人に預けなくて済みますから。
    • good
この回答へのお礼

HollyNoahDaisyさん、いつもご回答ありがとうございます。

お礼日時:2021/09/07 09:18

お探しのQ&Aが見つからない時は、教えて!gooで質問しましょう!