dポイントプレゼントキャンペーン実施中!

切り裂きジャックの手紙を趣味で翻訳中なのですが、1枚目のdear boss letterのPSは、

wasnt good enough to post this before I got all the red ink off my hands curse it No luck yet.

か、

wasnt good enough to post this before I got all the red ink off my hands curse it. No luck yet.

どちらが正しいのですか?(curse itのピリオド)
英語で検索しても、Wikipedia はピリオドありで他サイトは無しみたいなのが多く、わかりません。
写真的にはシミにも見えますし、ピリオドにも見えます。
切り裂きジャックファンの方々にはどちらが通説なのでしょうか。

A 回答 (1件)

Google Books では、フィクションも含めてですが、ピリオドありがやや優勢です。

しかし、どうでしょうね。

この手紙の筆者は、ピリオドを人も自分はなして書く癖があるようです。
それを考えると、ピリオドはないと考える方に一票入れたいですね。

Wikipediaの元ネタのサイトでは、ピリオドは入れてませんしね。
https://www.casebook.org/ripper_letters/

The Last Sherlock Holmes Story
Michael Dibdin - 2012
Wasnt good enough to post this before I got all the red ink off my hands curse it. No luck yet.

A Handbook for the Attendants on the Insane: The Autobiography of ...
Clanash Farjeon - 2003
"wasnt good enough to post this before I got all the red ink off my hands curse it. No luck yet.

Jack The Ripper: First American Serial Killer
Paul Gainey, ‎Stewart Evans - 2013
... knife's so nice and sharp I want to get to work right away if I get a chance good luck. Yours truly Jack the Ripper Dont mind me giving the trade name wasnt good enough to post this before I got all the red ink off my hands curse it. No luck yet.

Yours Truly, Jack the Ripper - 111 ページ
Pamela West - 1989
Wasnt good enough to post this before I got all the red ink off my hands curse it. No luck yet.

A casebook on Jack the Ripper - 50 ページ
Richard Whittington-Egan - 1975

The crimes, detection and death of Jack the Ripper - 7 ページ
Martin Fido - 1993
wasnt good enough to post this before I got all the red ink off my hands curse it. No luck yet.

Jack the Ripper - 54 ページ
Miriam Rivett - 2006

Jack the Ripper: Light-Hearted Friend - 101 ページ
Richard Wallace - 1996
A note was written at right angles to the letter in a hand that appears a little less precise and stylistic than the main letter: Wasnt good enough to post this before I got all the red ink off my hands curse it. No luck yet.

Jack the Ripper - 54 ページ
Mark Whitehead, ‎Miriam Rivett - 2006

The Forensic Psychologist's Casebook: Psychological Profiling and ...
Laurence J. Alison - 2005

The Murders of the Black Museum, 1870-1970 - 10 ページ
Gordon Honeycombe - 1982

Sherlock Holmes and the Whitechapel Murders: An account of the ...
Mark Sohn - 2017
PS Wasnt good enough to post this before I got all the red ink off my hands curse it No luck yet.

The Complete and Essential Jack the Ripper
Paul Begg, ‎John Bennett - 2013
PS Wasnt good enough to post this before I got all the red ink off my hands curse it No luck yet.

Wild Is the Hawk's Dream - 109 ページ
Ruth Wildes Schuler - 2012

The Ripper Secret
Jack Steel - 2012
postscript: wasnt good enough to post this before I got all the red ink off my hands curse it No luck yet.

The Ripper's Wife
Brandy Purdy - 2014

Jack the Ripper - 216 ページ
Terry Lynch - 2008
Wasnt good enough to post this before I got all the red ink Off my hands curse it No luck yet.

A History of British Serial Killing: How Britain's Most Famous ...
Martin Fido - 2002
wasnt good enough to post this before I got all the red ink off my hands curse it No luck yet.

Ripper - 115 ページ
Michael Slade - 1994
    • good

お探しのQ&Aが見つからない時は、教えて!gooで質問しましょう!