先程の続きです。
自分で訳してみたのですが意味が通りません。
長文で申し訳ありませんが、どなたかよろしくお願いします。

Leaving the surface of the statue wrinkled and rippled, though, gives the statue an effect it would not have if it were smooth. Imagine a calm pool of water. Not a breeze stirs. The surface of the pool is as flat as a mirror. Now imagine that wind stirs up the surface of the water. There are ripples and waves everywhere you look. Which image of the pool gives the impression that something is happening? The Thinker shows a man in a still, quiet position, but because the ゛skin" of the figure shows so much movement, we get the feeling there's a lot happening here. The rippled surface of The Thinker adds to the impression that the man must be thinking and feeling a great deal. In this way, Rodin was able to express more than his subject matter alone could show. Although Rodin's works were criticized when he first began working, as time went on French people began to like his statues very much. Finally the French govnrnment gave him a great honor. At a large international art show sponsored by the French govnrnment, Rodin's works were set apart from all the others and shown in their own large room. Since then, Rodin's style has had a great influence on sculptors.

このQ&Aに関連する最新のQ&A

A 回答 (1件)

像の表面をもっとも、しわが寄っていて、さざ波を起こされたままにすると、それが滑らかであるなら、それが持っていない効果は像に与えられるでしょうに。

水の穏やかなたまりを想像してください。 どんな微風もかき混ぜません。 プールの表面は鏡と同じくらい平坦です。 今度は、風が水面をかきまぜると想像してください。 さざ波と波があなたが見るいたる所にあります。 プールのどのイメージがその何かが起こっているという印象を与えますか? 「スチール写真、静かな位置にもかかわらず、゛が皮をむくのでThinkerは男性を見せています」。動き、私たちが感じをつかむように多くである図ショーには、ここで大いに起こるのがあります。 Thinkerの波形表面は男性が多くを考えて、感じているに違いないという印象に加えます。 このように、ロダンは彼の内容だけが示しているかもしれない以上を表現できました。 時間が経ったように、彼が最初に働き始めたとき、ロダンの作品は批評されましたが、フランスの人々は彼の像がとても好きであり始めました。 最終的にフランスのgovnrnmentはすばらしい名誉を彼に与えました。 フランスのgovnrnmentによって後援された大きい国際的な絵画展によって、ロダンの作品は、すべての他のものは別として設定されて、それら自身の大部屋で見せられました。 それ以来、ロダンのスタイルは、かなりの影響を彫刻家に与えています。

パソコンで和訳してみました。

多少違うところがあると思います・・・

参考URL:http://www.excite.co.jp/world/english/
    • good

このQ&Aに関連する人気のQ&A

お探しのQ&Aが見つからない時は、教えて!gooで質問しましょう!

このQ&Aと関連する良く見られている質問

QLeaving the surface of the statue wrinkled and rip

Leaving the surface of the statue wrinkled and rippled, though, gives, the statue an effect it would not have if it were smooth.

英訳をお願いします

Aベストアンサー

しかし、像の表面をシワシワで波打った状態のままにしておくことによって、表面がなめらかな場合には出ないような効果が出る。

Q和訳お願いします。

和訳したいのですが、長文のため上手く訳せません。

英語の得意な方、意味の通る訳をお願いします。

You can get many things delivered these days, from pizza to house cleaning, but most people probably don't think of cutting-edge science lectures as one thing that's available.

Aベストアンサー

ピザから住宅掃除まで、あなたは多くのものをこの頃届けてもらうことができます、しかし、大部分の人々は最先端の科学講義を利用できる(届けてもらえる)もの(サービス)とは多分思わないでしょう。

Q書き換えを教えてください。

I can't put up with the noise any longer. を no longer を使って書き換えるとどの用になるでしょうか。また、no longer の品詞は副詞でしょうか?
どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。

Aベストアンサー

皆さんの回答でOKですが、少し補足をします。
正解は"I can put up with the noise no longer", "I can no longer put up with the noise" 両方とも正解です。

Q英作文(原級・比較級・最上級)

英作文(原級・比較級・最上級)

次の日本語を「原級・比較級・最上級」を使った3英作文にするにはどうしたらいいでしょうか。
「春の晴れた日に森を散歩することより楽しいことはない」

英語の知識がある方、是非ご協力ください<m(__)m>

Aベストアンサー

この例文ですと、比較級を使わずとも表すことが出来ます。
There is nothing like walking in the forest (/ the woods ) on a fine spring day.
これだけで、”~するより楽しい、良い、ことはない” という意味になります。
Nothing like a cold beer after a shower.
シャワーのあとの冷えたビールほどのものはない。
例文では、
nothing  の 後を pleasant like にしても良いです。

3つの英作なら
Nothing is more pleasant than walking in the forest on a fine spring day.
Walking in the forest on a fine spring day is the most pleasant thing to do than anything else.
とかかな・・・

次の人、お願いします・・・・

Q添削お願いします。

自分で訳しました。
意味が変な所が多々あるので、添削よろしくお願いします。

The first day of school our professor introduced himself to our chdmistry class and challeeged us to get to know someone we didn't already know.
→学校の初日、私達の教授は自分自身と私達の化学クラスを紹介した、そして私達は身体に障害のある人がだれかいつもわからなかった。

I stood up to look around, when a gentle hand touched my shoulder.
→私の肩に優しい手が触れたとき、私は振り向き立ち上がった。

I turned around to find a wrinkled, little old lady beaming up at me with a smile that lit up her entire being.
→私はくるりと向きを変え彼女全体を明るくした微笑みを私に発しているしわの寄った少し年のとった女性見つけた。

She said, ゛Hi, handsome.
→彼女は言った、「やあ、美男子」

I'm eighty-seven years old.
→私は87歳です。

Can I give you a hug?"
→あなたに抱擁してもいいですか?」

I laughed and enthusiastically responded, ゛Of course you may!" and she gave me a giant squeeze.
→私は笑い、熱心に答えた「もちろんいいよ!」そして彼女は私にぎゅっと抱き着いた。」

゛Why are you in college at such a young, innocent age?" I asked.
→「なぜあなたは年齢にかかわりのないそんな若い大学にいるのですか?」と私は尋ねた。

自分で訳しました。
意味が変な所が多々あるので、添削よろしくお願いします。

The first day of school our professor introduced himself to our chdmistry class and challeeged us to get to know someone we didn't already know.
→学校の初日、私達の教授は自分自身と私達の化学クラスを紹介した、そして私達は身体に障害のある人がだれかいつもわからなかった。

→私の肩に優しい手が触れたとき、私は振り向き立ち上がっ...続きを読む

Aベストアンサー

[The first day of school] 学校の初日

[ our professor introduced himself to our chemistry class and challenged us to get to know someone we didn't already know.] 私達の教授は化学クラス(の学生たち)に自己紹介し、私たちがまだ知らなかった人と知り合いになるように私たちを試した。

…ここは少し複雑ですが。

our professor introduced himself to our chemistry class (and) challenged us to get to know someone <we didn't already know>.

andはintroducedとchallengedをつないでいます。introduced himself to class は「学生たちに自己紹介する」といった訳が自然です。また、someone <we didn't already know>.we以下はsomeoneを修飾しています。not already で「まだ」ですね。

立ちあがって辺りを見回すと、優しい手が私の肩に触れた。
…これは英語の情報構造(旧情報→新情報)だと、後半に来る文章に比重があります。
つまり、~,when だと「~したそのとき、…」といった訳が原義に近いです。
あなたの訳でも大丈夫だと思いますよ。

I turned around to find a wrinkled, little old lady beaming up at me with a smile that lit up her entire being.

私が振り向くとしわのある高齢の女性がいて、彼女は満面の笑みで私を見つめていた。
…これは意訳です。
そのまま訳すると、
「私は振り向くと彼女全体を明るくした笑顔で私を見つめているしわのある少し年をとった女性を見つけた。」ですね。

She said, ゛Hi, handsome.I'm eighty-seven years old.Can I give you a hug?''
訳通りで良いと思います。

「会話」であることを考えるなら、
彼女は、「やぁ、色男だね。私、87歳なんだけど、ハグしても良いかい?」といった感じですかね。

I laughed and enthusiastically responded, ゛Of course you may!" and she gave me a giant squeeze.
訳された通りで大丈夫だと思います。

Why are you in college at such a young, innocent age?" I asked.
「なんで、その年で大学にいるの?」

[The first day of school] 学校の初日

[ our professor introduced himself to our chemistry class and challenged us to get to know someone we didn't already know.] 私達の教授は化学クラス(の学生たち)に自己紹介し、私たちがまだ知らなかった人と知り合いになるように私たちを試した。

…ここは少し複雑ですが。

our professor introduced himself to our chemistry class (and) challenged us to get to know someone <we didn't already know>.

andはintroducedとchallengedをつないでいます。int...続きを読む

Q英語の長文、和訳お願いします

I remember a lesson I learned from my dad on a warm spring day many years ago in northern Minnesota.

As we fished for tront on the Prairie River, my attention was drawn to a flight of geese heading north to their summer home in Canada.

My youthful curiosity aroused, I asked my dad why the geese were flying in a "V" formation.

He said geese fly in formation because they can travel up to 30 percent faster in formation than if they fly individually.

Each goose was flying independently, and yet they were all flying together.

The formation's structure gave them the extra speed.

The formation also meant that there was always a goose that led the entire group.

They also knew where they were going.

They had a goalーtheir summer home in Canada.

You have never heard of a flight of geese giving up and stopping in Kansas.

They also reach their goal.

I remember a lesson I learned from my dad on a warm spring day many years ago in northern Minnesota.

As we fished for tront on the Prairie River, my attention was drawn to a flight of geese heading north to their summer home in Canada.

My youthful curiosity aroused, I asked my dad why the geese were flying in a "V" formation.

He said geese fly in formation because they can travel up to 30 percent faster in formation than if they fly individually.

Each goose was fly...続きを読む

Aベストアンサー

私は、北ミネソタで何年も前の暖かい春の日に父から学んだ教訓を、覚えています。
私たちがプレーリー(大草原)の川でマスを釣ろうとしていた時、北のカナダの彼らの夏の生息地に向かっているガチョウの群れに、私の注意はひかれました。
私の若々しい好奇心が生じて、ガチョウがなぜ「V」字の編隊飛行をしているのか、私は父に尋ねました。
ガチョウが編隊飛行をするのは、彼らが個々に飛ぶより編隊を組むと、最高30パーセント速く旅することができるからだと、父は言いました。
それぞれのガチョウは独立して飛んでいましたが、それでも彼らはみんな一緒に飛んでいました。
編隊の構造は、彼らに余分の速度を与えました。
編隊は、また、全グループを率いるガチョウが常にいることを意味していました。
彼らは、また、自分たちがどこに行こうとしているのかわかっていました。
彼らには、目的地がありました ― カナダの彼らの夏の生息地です。
カンザスで諦めて止まるガチョウの群れについて、これまで聞いたことがありません。
彼らも、目的地に辿りつくのです。

QIf you don't drive more carefully, you will run in

If you don't drive more carefully, you will run into trouble.
( ) you drive more carefully, you will run into trouble.
ほぼ同じ意味になるようにお願いします

Aベストアンサー

(Unless) you drive more carefully, you will run into trouble.

人気Q&Aランキング

おすすめ情報