プロが教えるわが家の防犯対策術!

And while she lay fearful and expectant, she felt a gentle hand brush back the hair from her brow,and a gentle voice whis-pered words of love into her ear. If this was a monster,he was like none she had ever heard of! She longed for daylight so that she might behold this mysterious husband who spoke so lovingly to her. But when dawn came over the casement and Psyche rose expectantly from her pillow,no husbdand did she see. Again she was quite alone. Again she was quite alone. The Sister's Visit
Now the day sped happily for Psyche. The castle and its grounds were hers to enjoy,while invisible servants fulfilled her every wish. And each night her husband came to her and each dawn vanished. she had yet to lay eyes on him. But as usually happens when one's every wish is ful-filled,Psyche began to be bored. Besides,she was lonely. She longed to see her sisters. Perhaps she wanted them to know that the dreadful fate ordered for her had not bee fulfilled,thus relieving their hearts of sorrow and anxiety. Perhaps,too,she longed to have them know the amazing luxury she now enjoyed,riches beyond any of their dreams. One night she spoke of her longing to her husband. "Dear one," he said, "can you not be content as we are? How will it add to your happiness to have you sisters come here? I swear their visit will only bring us distress,for they will envy you what you have since it is so much more they can boast of." But Psyche begged,and at last her husband gave in. "Very well,"he said in a voice full of sorrow. "I will have Zephyr waft them here for a day's visit. But I warn you,do not let them talk you into trying to find out who I am. Only great misfortune will come to you try to look upon me," Psyche promised,and the next day her sisters came. Like any proud bride showing off her new home for the first time,Psyche conducted her sisters through the castle.

A 回答 (2件)

「訳がわかりません」と書かれているのを、「訳(やく)が分りません」と読んでしまって、「わけ」が分らなくなってしまいました。

「訳(わけ)が分りません」ということですね。
でも、どこがどのように分らないのかが「分らない」ので、もう少し具体的に質問されたらどうかなと思いました。
原文を忠実に再現されるのに、相当な時間を費されたのではないでしょうか。ただ、whis-per や ful-fil は、行が変るのでハイフンで結んだだけで、そこまで再現しなくてもよかったのでは?
エロスとプシュケーにまつわる有名な話なので、前もってギリシャ神話を読んでおいて、それから改めて読まれると、ずっと良くお分かりになるのではあるまいかと思います。
エロースは絶世の美女。彼女を見にくい羊飼いに惚れさせてしまえという指令を受けて出向いたエロスだったのに、プシュケーの余りの美しさに見とれてしまったために、愛の矢を自分の胸に刺してしまった。
風となったエロスはプシュケーを自分の城に運ぶ(というか、拉致してしまう)。
夜の帳が下りると風のように表れるエロス(愛の言葉を耳に囁く)。プシュケーの生活自体は何ひとつ不自由がない。
けれど、ある日、彼女の姉たちをこの城に招きたいとエロスに頼む。
エロスは、それを認める代りに、彼女の姉たちの口車に乗って、自分の姿を見たいなどという考えを起こさぬようにと釘をさす。
そのあたりの部分ですね。
    • good
この回答へのお礼

返事が遅れてすみません。話の内容がわかりました。回答ありがとうございます。

お礼日時:2009/06/13 23:03

プシケとエロスの物語ですね。

上記のキーワードで検索すれば話の内容がヒットするでしょう。
翻訳頑張って下さい。