アプリ版:「スタンプのみでお礼する」機能のリリースについて

和訳お願いします。
Although I thoroughly enjoyed my visits to the different countries I passed through on my way to Japan, I eventually became impatient to reach my destination.I had made up my mind while I was in England that I would live in Kyoto.
There were several reasons for choosing Kyoto, rather than any other city in Japan.
First of all, it had been spared the bombings that destroyed most other Japanese cities.
Secondly, to someone like myself who was interested mainly in classical literature, it was natural to choose the place where most Japanese literature was composed for over a thousand years.
Finally, the only two friends I had in Japan---one Japanese and one American--- were both living in Kyoto.
I arrived in Tokyo one rainy evening in August 1953, and headed directly from the airport to Tokyo Station where I boarded the night train for Kyoto.
I sent a telegram to my Japanese friend, who met me at Kyoto Station and took me to his house, where I was to live for about a month.
My friend expected that I would want to rest the first day after my arrival in Japan, but I was much too excited to rest.
I asked the friend to take me with him wherever he went that day.
As it happened, he had business at the Suntory Whiskey Distillery between Kyoto and Osaka.
My first sightseeing in Kyoto therefore took place not at a famous temple or garden, but at a distillery!

A 回答 (1件)

日本に来る途中、色々な国を訪れることを十分に楽しんできたけれど、最終的には日本に到着したくていらいらしてきました。

イギリスにいる間に、京都に住むんだと心に決めていたからです。
日本の他の都市よりも京都を選んだのにはさまざまな理由がありました。
まず、京都は他のほとんどの都市を破壊した爆撃をまぬがれていました。
次に、主に古典文学に興味をもっている私のような者にとって、1000年以上にわたりほとんどの日本文学が作られた場所を選ぶことはごく自然なことであったから。
最後に、日本における私のたった二人の友人(一人は日本人、もう一人はアメリカ人)がどちらも京都に住んでいたことです。
私は1953年8月、ある雨の晩に東京に着き、京都への夜行列車に乗り込む為に空港からまっすぐ東京駅に向かいました。
日本人の友人に電報を送り、京都駅で逢って、それから約1カ月滞在することとなった彼の家まで連れて行ってくれました。
友人は日本到着後最初の日は私が休みたいだろうと思っていたのですが、自分はものすごい興奮でとても休めませんでした。
私は友人にその日彼が行く所ならどこでもいいから連れて行って欲しいと頼みました。
たまたま、彼は京都と大阪の中間にあるサントリーウイスキー蒸留所に用事がありました。