アプリ版:「スタンプのみでお礼する」機能のリリースについて

Please show me the reason used "dog".

A 回答 (3件)

Your question was "show me the reason why the word dog is used in the phrase”. Here's my reasoning.

Because cats don't.

Expanded? What else is more generic other than a dog, when expressing something gorgy and orgy in someone's situation, which a reasonable person would think is wild, extreme and chaotic, or inhuman or inhumane or even non-human, and hence degrading and of lesser-quality? If it’s a horse eating another horse, that’s just insane and the horse must be euthanized. If it’s a dog, that’s just normal because that’s what they do, and whether or not euthanizing a dog is only a human concern, not for the dog’s own sake.

Not enough? Dogs are stinky while our cats smell good; we call "dog poop" a "dog sh_t" while referring "cat litter" to a "cat poop”. Only dogs come out and do anything to be decisive in such f_cked-up circumstances, while my beloved cats might stay aloof and yet remain watchful from undisclosed locations. It's not about me hating dogs. Of course I love cats, but I like dogs, too, and so do many humans by regarding dogs as men's best friends. It is about just what they are, and I, we, they love dogs for what they are. Some even eat dogs. And dogs can eat anything to remain competitive in this dog-eat-dog world and be loyal to men in their dog-eat-dog world. Cats don't eat cats because cat-eat-cat worlds really don’t exist, or even if they do exist, they really don't need to do so for nothing, or for someone else's sake, unless they have to. Dogs do so just because they can and they'd love to do so even if they don’t need to. Your cats don't. My cats won't. Lions in the desert don't because they are high and mighty. Coyote dogs do so because that's the only way they survive in a desert. Or so it seems to humans who coined the term "dog-eat-dog" while pretending to be in dogs’ best interest. And then the term ever remains subjective from only human point of view. And humans don’t care about it because it’s just a dog matter, which we humans call “dog-sh_t”. It is because men want dogs to do the eating on behalf of our human friends, if possible, and blame it on their doggy nature. Oh I hate humans; they are the menace and the enemies of dogs in this dog-eat-dog world.
    • good
この回答へのお礼

Thanks for your full detailed explanation. 

お礼日時:2014/02/15 18:28

As is shown in the idiom dog's day dog is a typical common animal

that is not necesssarily noble. That is perhaps why dog is chosen

as appropriate animal in such phrase as dog-eat-dog.
    • good
この回答へのお礼

Thanks、sorry this time.

Because dogs would like to eat each other while they dislike to e

at marital quarrel.
    • good
この回答へのお礼

Thanks、sorry this time.

お探しのQ&Aが見つからない時は、教えて!gooで質問しましょう!