アプリ版:「スタンプのみでお礼する」機能のリリースについて

緊急!!英訳の添削をしてください。助けてください。お願いします。

私が今までに下した大きな決断は、短大から大学へ編入学したことです。
私は短大の授業で、「食」の栄養や調理性など食の重要性に関する知識を学ぶ中で、この先、人にとって重要な「食」を栄養・生理学的な観点から知識を深め、「食」の可能性を追求し、食を通じて多くの人に貢献したいと思いました。その思いから、短大卒業後の進路は、食品業界への就職、大学への編入学という3つの選択肢を考えました。私はその中で、分野が異なる他大学への編入学を志望しました。その理由は、その大学には「食」の可能性を追求できる研究室が存在していたからです。しかし、分野が異なる大学に編入学することは大きな決断であり、短大で学んだ知識だけでは足りないこと、編入学後は単位面でかなり苦労することなど色々不安もありましたが、粘り強く努力し、志を変えず最後までやり遂げた結果、合格することができました。

The big decision that I gave so far is that I have transfered from the junior college to the university.
I thought that I pursued possibility of "the food" by what could deepen knowledge of important food for person from a poin of view nourishment and physiology in future and wanted to contribute to many people through food through I learned knowledge about the importance of the food such as nourishment and cooking characteristics of "the food" in the class of the junior college. In that case, I thought two choise, securing employment to the food industry and transfer admission to the other university. And I wished to be transfer admission to the university in different field. The reason is because there was the laboratory which can pursue possibility of "the food" at the university. However, that transfer admission to the university in different field was big decision and there were various uneasiness, the thing I was based on lack of knowledge that I had learnt at the junior colledge and the thing I had a hard time taking a unit after transfer admission, and I made tried hard and followed out without changing aim and passed the university.

A 回答 (2件)

One of the most important decisions in my life is that I have transfered to a university from a junior college.

まずは最初の文を直してみましたが、
定冠詞"the"の使い方を間違っている箇所が多いです。
"the"は、特定される名詞に付きます。日本語では「その」と訳される事が多いです。
質問主様の最初の文を訳すと、、、

私が今までに下した「その」大きな決断は、「その」短大から「その」大学へ編入学したことです。
となり、「その」短大ってどの短大だよ?「その」大学ってどの大学だよ?と聞き手は混乱してしまいます。
なので、この場合は不定冠詞の"a"を使います。
これ以降は、短大も大学も「話に出てきた短大/大学」と特定できるので、"the"を付けることができます。

この不定冠詞/定冠詞に気をつけるだけで、英文は大分良くなると思います。
    • good

こんにちは。

もしかしたら意味が違う所があるかもしれませんが、書いてみました。

One of the biggest decisions that I have made so far is that I transferred from the junior college to the university.
As I acquired knowledge about the importance of the food such as nourishment and cooking characteristics of "the food" in classes of my junior college, I wanted to deepen the knowledge about “the food”, which is important for people, from the viewpoint of nourishment and physiology, to pursue the potential of "the food", and to contribute many people through “the food”. With my desire, I thought I would have two choices: getting a job in the food industry or transferring to a university. I decided to transfer to a university in a different field because there was a laboratory in the department that could make me pursue the potential of “the food”. However, to transfer to a university in a different field was a big decision for me, and there were various anxieties; my knowledge I acquired at my junior college might not be enough and I would have a hard time taking extra credits after I transfer. I tried hard to accomplish without changing aim, and I got accepted to the university I am in right now.

・acquire the knowledge または learn のどちらかを使うといいでしょう。
・「可能性」という言葉は、possibility よりpotentialの方がしっくりくるかなと思います。
・「単位」はcreditという単語があります。
    • good

お探しのQ&Aが見つからない時は、教えて!gooで質問しましょう!