dポイントプレゼントキャンペーン実施中!

(1)Do animals have a sense of self?If weheld uo a mirror to cat or dog, would it recognize itself?
(2)An animal resercher decided to takethis question literally, and test whether chimpanzees could recognize themselves reflected in a mirror.To start with, the chimps treated their reflection inthe same way as they would another chimp : they stared at it, cautiously approached it and looked behind the mirror.[1][そのあとで、彼らは鏡を使って口の中や、これまで見たことのなかった体の部分を見た。]To test whether chimps really did realize that they were lokking at themselves, the researcher put them to sleep for a short priod and painted a red mark on their face.When the chimps wake up and saw themselves in the mirror, they touched the red mark on their face much more than they normally would ; some chimps touched the mark and then looked at their fingers.
[2][this experiments suggests that chimps do recognize themselves in the mirror,] and further experiments show that orangutans, bonobos and human children who are over the age of two do also.Monkeys, by contrast, do not seem to pass the test, for they do not touch the red mark on their face when they see themselves in the mirror.
(3)Of course, if chimps do recognize themselves in the mirror, they must able to think : That's me!And this experiments suggests they are also thinking : What's that strange mark on my face? But it does not show that they have any more awareness of themselves than that. Chimps may not be aware of thier own thoughts or feelings.
(4)Humans are self-aware in the further sense that [3][we can reflect on what we are thinking.] That was a clever idea of mine, I smile to myself, as I drive down a street to make a short-cut to the shops.No, it was stupid, I reflect, as I realized that I'm going to get stuck in the one-way street after all. I can think about my own beliefs and make a judgement about them as being clever or stupid, reasonable or unreasonable, true or false.
(5)I am also aware that I am a creature that exists through time.I say to myself that tomorrow I won't take the wrong 'short-cut' and [4][make the same mistake as I made yesterday.]Self-awareness in humans involves more than just the ability to recognize oneself in the mirror. It includes the ability to reflect on and assess your own thoughts, and the recognition that you existed in the past and will exist in the future. Even if chimps are self-aware in the sense that they pass the mirror recognition test, we cannot tellfrom the test whether they have [5][the extra abilities that humans have.] And at the moment, we have no other evidence that they do.

[1]英訳しなさい。
[2]なぜそのように言えるのか、その根拠を日本語で具体的に答えなさい。
[3]どういうことなのか、本文に即して日本語で説明しなさい。
[4]「昨日した間違い」とは具体的にどのようなことだったか、日本語で説明しなさい。
[5]どのようなものか、日本語で説明しなさい。

A 回答 (1件)

・和訳:何箇所かタイプミスと思われる部分は自分で修正してそれを訳してみました。

(1)動物には自意識があるのだろうか? もし猫やイヌに鏡をかざしたら、それを認識するのだろうか?

(2)一人の動物研究者はこの疑問をそのまま取り上げることにし、チンパンジーが鏡に映った自分自身を認識できるかどうかテストすることにした。まず第一に、チンパンジー達は鏡に映った自分の姿を他のチンパンジーに対する時と同様に扱った。その姿を見つめ、注意深く近づき、そして鏡の後ろを見た。[1][そのあとで、彼らは鏡を使って口の中や、これまで見たことのなかった体の部分を見た。]チンパンジーが本当に自分自身を見ていると認識したかどうかをテストするために、研究者は短時間彼らに麻酔をかけ、顔に赤色の染料をつけた。チンパンジーが目覚め、鏡で自分自身を見た時、彼らは通常よりもはるかに多く顔の赤いしるしに触った。何匹かのチンパンジーは印にさわりそれから自分の指を見た。

[2] [この実験が示しているのは、チンパンジーが鏡に映った像を自分自身と認識しているということであり]その後の実験では、オランウータン、ピグミーチンパンジー、二歳を越えた人間の子供もまた同様であった。対照的に猿は、鏡に映った自分自身を見た時、顔の赤いしるしに触れないことから、このテストはパスしないようだ。

(3) むろん、もしチンパンジーが鏡に映った自分自身を認識するならば、考えるということも可能なはず。つまりは私だ!(※人間と同じだという意味)そしてこの実験は彼らが思考していることも示している。「自分の顔の変なしるしは何だ?」ということを考えているのだ。しかし実験は、それ以上に彼らが自分自身について自覚しているかは示していない。チンパンジーは自分の考えや感情に気づけない場合があるのだ。

(4)人間は[3][自分が考えていることを検討することができる]という追加的意味で、自己を認識する。店への近道をする為に通りを走りながら 我ながらうまい考えだと、ほくそ笑む。結局のところ一方通行の道で立ち往生することに気がつき、いや、バカな考えだと内省する。私は自分自身の意見について考え、それらについて利口かバカか、合理的か不合理か、真実かウソか判断することができる。

(5)また、私は自分が時と共に存在する生き物である事も認識している。明日は間違った「近道」はえらばないぞと自分自身に言い聞かせて、[4][昨日やったのと同じ間違いを犯すのだ。]人間の自己認識は鏡の中の自分自身を認識するだけの能力以上のものを含んでいる。それにはあなた自身の考えを反省し評価する能力や、自分がいままで存在しておりこれから先も存在するという認識を含まれる。たとえ、チンパンジーが鏡を使った認識テストにパスするという意味で自己認識していても、私達は彼らが[5][人間のもつ追加能力]を持っているかどうかをそのテストからうかがい知る事はできない。 そして目下のところ、彼らがそういう能力を持っているというほかの証拠も持っていないのだ。

[1]そのあとで、彼らは鏡を使って口の中や、これまで見たことのなかった体の部分を見た。
And then they used the mirror to look at the inside of their mouths, to inspect other parts of their bodies that they had never seen before.

[2]なぜそのように言えるのか、その根拠を日本語で具体的に答えなさい。
いつもより多く顔にさわったり、自分の手を見たりするということは、鏡の中のチンパンジーと自分が同一であるとわかっている行為だから。

[3]どういうことなのか、本文に即して日本語で説明しなさい。
自分自身の意見について考え、それらについて利口かバカか、合理的か不合理か、真実かウソか判断することができる。

[4]「昨日した間違い」とは具体的にどのようなことだったか、日本語で説明しなさい。
店への近道と思った道路が一方通行で立ち往生してしまったこと

[5]どのようなものか、日本語で説明しなさい。
自分の意見について考え、それらについて利口かバカか、合理的か不合理か、真実かウソか判断することができ、自分が時と共に存在する生き物である事を認識しする能力
    • good
この回答へのお礼

ありがとうございました。本当に助かりました。

お礼日時:2014/10/06 18:49