電子書籍の厳選無料作品が豊富!

以下の英文の翻訳をお願いします

A western-style conversation between two people is like a game of tennis. If I introduce a
topic, a conversational ball, I expect you to hit it back. If you agree with me, I don't expect
you simply to agree and do nothing more. I expect you to add something~ a reason for
agreeing, another example, or an elaboration to carry the idea further. But I don't expect
you always to agree. I am just as happy if you question me, or challenge me, or completely
disagree with me. Whether you agree or disagree, your response will return the ball to me.
And then it is my turn again. I don't serve a new ball from my original starting line. I hit your
ball back again from where it has bounced. I carry your idea further, or answer your
questions or objections, or challenge or question you. And so the ball goes back and forth,
with each of us doing our best to give it a new twist, an original spin, or a powerful smash.

A 回答 (1件)

2人の間での西洋式会話はテニスの試合のようなものだ。

もし、キャッチボールとして私が話のテーマを紹介したら、あなたがそれを打ち返すものと私は期待する。あなたが同意した場合、私は絶対にあなたが単に同意するだけと思わないし、それ以上のことをしないとも思わない(=それ以上のことをすると期待している)。私は同意する理由、別の例、または更に考えを広げるための綿密さといった何かを期待している。しかしあなたがいつも同意するとも予想してはいない。あなたが私に答えたり、挑んできたり、完全に不同意だった場合、ただ単に嬉しいだけだ。同意しようがしまいが、あなたは反応としてボールを私に返してくる。
そして再度私の番(=ボールを打ち返す番)となる。元々のスタートラインからサーブを打ちはしない。ボールが跳ねたところから、またあなたに打ち返すのだ。私はあなたの考えを更に広げたり、あなたの疑問に答えたり反論したり、あなたを挑発したり質問したりする。そうやって、私達それぞれが会話に、新しいひねりを加えたり、本来のスピンを効かせたり、強力なスマッシュを打ったりしたがら、ボールは行ったり来たりするのだ。
    • good

お探しのQ&Aが見つからない時は、教えて!gooで質問しましょう!