いちばん失敗した人決定戦

「信じていたのに裏切られた」と言う人は、「信じる」という行為への考え方が私とは違うのだと思う。そういう人は、自分で責任を持って考えなきゃいけないことを放棄して、誰かを「信じる」ことで安心したいのだろう。

本当の「信じる」ってことはそうではないと思う。誰かを信じるってことは、「この人でダメだったら仕方がない」「裏切られたら信じた自分の責任だ」と覚悟を決めること。

そういう風に、信じたい。

I think my views about a "trusting" act are different from ones of those who say "Even though I trusted, I was betrayed". Those people would give up what to think responsibly and want to feel at ease by trusting someone.

I think true "trusting" is not that. Trusting someone is being prepared for "it cannot be helped if this person is hopeless" or "I am responsibile if I am betrayed by someone who I trusted".

I want to believe in that way.

A 回答 (4件)

#3 さんのご指摘は一理あると思います。

「信じる」という言葉に "trust" という単語をあてるからではないでしょうか。
"put/have faith in" を用いるとよりしっくりくるような気がします。
単に「信じる」というよりも、「信じて疑わない」というニュアンスがあります。

There are people who wish to give up responsibility to think for themselves, preferring to feel at ease by leaving matters in someone's hand. I think that in such cases, there is no justification for your saying, "Even though I trusted, I was betrayed."

Putting your "faith" in someone means you accept whatever outcome that person brings. You must be prepared for the worst. You cannot be betrayed by he or she. You can only blame yourself because the responsibility for putting absolute trust lies with you.

That is my philosophy on faith and trust.

[ご参考]
leave matters in someone's hand → http://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=leave+matter+in
put faith in → http://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=put+faith+in
absolute trust → http://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=absolute+trust
    • good
この回答へのお礼

回答ありがとうございます。

「信じる」ってどの表現ですればよいかとても迷いました。
結果trustにしましたが。
put faith in ~もいいかもしれませんね。やっぱりこっちの方が強めなんですか。なるほど。

お礼日時:2014/07/18 23:36

自分で読んでみてなんか変だと感じたので訂正します。

夫に裏切られても信じた妻の責任だ、という考え方なのか? という意見が出てきそうですね。そういう意見にも反論できるような論点を用意しておいた方がいいと思います。アドバイスとして聞いてください。
    • good
この回答へのお礼

回答ありがとうございます。

何かのディベートのテストでも何でもありません。
ただこの英訳を個人的興味でしたかっただけなので。

お礼日時:2014/07/18 23:31

夫に裏切られても信じた妻の責任だ、という考え方なのか? という反論が出てきそうですね。

そういう反論にも応えられるような論点を用意しておいた方がいいと思いますよ。個人的な意見ですが。
    • good

こんにちは。

英訳はよく出来ているよ。

ちょっと改まった形でもよければ:

Regarding the act of trusting, I think my point of view is different from those who say, "I trusted, but was betrayed."

People who say that wish to abandon responsibility for thinking for themselves, preferring instead the peace of mind that comes with trusting someone.

To my way of thinking, that isn't true "trusting."

Rather, trust is based on readiness to accept that "If things don't work out with this person, there's nothing to be done about it" or that "If a person ends up getting betrayed, it's his own fault for having been too trusting."

That's what I choose to believe.

尚、his の代わりに勿論 her でも OK です。

ご参考までに。
    • good
この回答へのお礼

回答ありがとうございます。

「~と覚悟を決める」が個人的難関だったんですが、accept that~って言い方いいですね。
ていうかそっちの方がいいかな。
それと貴殿の文章を拝見して、「自分で責任を持って考えなきゃ~」のところ、「自分で」英訳し忘れた!
(あちゃー)
他のところもなかなか参考になりました。

お礼日時:2014/07/18 23:28

お探しのQ&Aが見つからない時は、教えて!gooで質問しましょう!