限定しりとり

大学の授業で英語の自己紹介文を出されました。
軽くで結構ですのでどなたか添削よろしくお願いします。

ちなみに歳、趣味、出身地などは変えました(念のため)

My name is ~. I am 20 years old because I left another university. I come from Nagoya Prefecture. Truthfully the reason that entered this university is failure of university examination. However, it is no use saying the past, so I will work hard at this university. I will work hard at the part-time job and study here because I worried my parents about various things. If I do only this, however, I will spend a trivial student life. So, I make a lot of friends and want to spend happy university life. I will enter the graduate school and study in medical science for the future.
I had been doing karate for ten years or more, I will not do the karate any more. Please don't hear the reason.

具体的質問
・終わり方がわかりません
・最初の方の「別の大学を退学した」はanother でいいのでしょうか
・「親に心配をかけた」の部分や空手を「10年以上していた」も少し違和感があります。

よろしくお願いします。

A 回答 (2件)

No.1さんの御回答は、なかなか分かりやすい文だと思います。

私は、その補足+また別の観点で、いくつかの点に絞り、
アドバイスさせていただこうかと思います。

・「理由は聞かないでください」というところですが、
Don't ask me the reason.
のように ask =「(意図的に)尋ねる」を使うことになります。
「(自然に)聞こえてくる」というのが hear の意味ですね。

「以前に不合格を食らったので・・・」という部分は、
今回は合格だから入学できたわけで、
不合格は「過去のこと」だと、はっきり区別しないと、誤解をまねきます。
~because I failed my first trial in the past.
などの言い方などがあるでしょう。

・「自分が心配した」のではなく、「親に心配をかけた」のであれば、
I had my parents worried so much about me.
のように、have を用いた使役の文にすることで、意味が表現できるでしょう。

・「大学内で」教授の手伝いのようなバイトをしようというのでなければ、
So I decided to work hard and earn money in my student life.
のような感じがいいかもしれません。
(親に心配を書けたので、一生懸命働きながら勉強しようという
ご立派な心がけには、感服しました。m(_ _)m)

・another university は使用可能だと思います。

・終わりは Thank you. と簡単にお礼を言っておくのが万能かもしれません。
文で書くだけならば、特に何もいらないと思います。
    • good

添削無しでごめんなさい〈何故柔道を止めるのかは私も聞きませんので、何故私が添削出来ないかはどうぞ聞かないで下さい〉(笑)、こんな風に書き換えてみました。

最初の「皆さんより年上だ!」のところで笑いを取って下さい。

My name is Taro Yamada, 20-years old, maybe older than most of you. I left my school in Nagoya to enter this university. Now I am so happy to be here after waiting for 2-years. Frankly speaking, I tried this university 2-years ago but failed. I made up my mind to work hard now that I am a student of this university of my choice. Not only studying hard I like to have some part-time job and make a lot of friends to enjoy my happy university life. I plan to enter the graduate school of medical science, I know I have to study hard. I had been doing karate for more than 10 years, but I will not continue my karate practice any more. Please don't ask me why.

ご両親に心配掛けた云々の部分の意味が一寸不明でしたので、省略しております。
    • good

お探しのQ&Aが見つからない時は、教えて!gooで質問しましょう!