アプリ版:「スタンプのみでお礼する」機能のリリースについて

以下の翻訳をお願いします。一文が長く読み取ることが難しいです汗
This cleared up a minor confusion. But I still couldn't see whyhe hadn't been able to answer the first question intelligibly, when he was able to make himself clear on the later questions. So I asked him to explainthe thing that had puzzled me about his first answer:
Q: What is the connection between the age of your school and your major discipline problem?

He seemed quite surprised that anyone would have to ask about something so obvious, but was able to explain himself clearly. It was at this point that I realized that the communication problem was not, as the other foreign interviewers and I had thought, that the Japanese could't understand the questions. It was that they tried to answer English questions in a Japaneseway.
The Japanese way is to approach the central point gradually, by beginning at a distant point(our school is old), and then filling in the picture by adding details such as how big the school is, what type of families the students come from, what their future academic plans are, and whether or not theyare well-behaved. After the whole picture has been filled in, the central point is finally reached: that there are no serious problems, only minorones such as being late to class or not doing homework.

A 回答 (1件)

これは小さな取り違えを明らかにした。

しかし彼が後の方の質問で自分の言わんとすることをはっきりと伝えることができた時、私はまだ、なぜ彼が最初の質問にわかりやすく答えることができなかったのかがわからなかった。なので私は、彼の最初の答えについて私を当惑させた事を説明するよう尋ねてみた。
Q:あなたの学校ができてからの期間と学校の重要な素行問題との間に関連はなにかありますか?

彼は誰でもわかりきった事を尋ねるのかととても驚いたように見えたが、明瞭に答えることができた。私が、他の外国人面接官と自分が考えていたように、コミュニケーションの問題とは日本人が質問を理解できなかったことではないと悟ったのはこの時点だった。それは、彼らが英語の質問に日本式のやり方で答えようとしたからだった。
日本式のやり方は、離れたところから始めて(私達の学校は古い)、その後例えば学校がどのぐらい大きくてどういったタイプの家庭から学生たちが来ているか、彼らの将来の教育プランはどういったものか、そしていずれにせよ彼らはきちんと躾けられているといった細かなことを足して行くことによって、全貌を明らかにしながら中心部に徐々に近づいていくものだ。全体像が書き込まれた後で最後に中心部に到達する。つまり:「深刻な問題はありません。授業に遅れるとか宿題をやってないといった小さな問題があるだけです。」ということだ。
    • good

お探しのQ&Aが見つからない時は、教えて!gooで質問しましょう!