アプリ版:「スタンプのみでお礼する」機能のリリースについて

英作したのですが、文法的におかしなところがないかみていただけませんか?

英文
Many people like music. Of course I like music too. I like playing music, listning music and watching music very much. The music has only one word in English. But the music has two words in Japanese. One is to enjoy a sound, the other is to learn a sound. I thought only advanced and was not able to enjoy a sound. However, I noticed. The music that does not enjoy a sound is not music. It is true music to enjoy a sound. It is very easy. But I forgot it. I learned a sound so far. The short cut to advancing is to enjoy a sound. I want to entertain people through music in the future. So I want to enjoy a sound.

日本語文
多くの人々は音楽が好きです。もちろん私も音楽が好きです。私は音楽をするのも、聴くのも、見るのもとても好きです。英語で音楽は1つの単語しか持ちません。しかし日本語で音楽は2つの単語を持ちます。1つは音を楽しむ音楽で、もう1つは音を学ぶ音学です。私は上達する事だけを考えて音を楽しめていませんでした。しかし私は気づきました。音を楽しまない音楽は音楽ではありません。本当の音楽は音を楽しむものです。それはとても簡単なことです。しかし私はそれを忘れていました。私は今まで音を学んでいたのです。上達する事への近道は音を楽しむことです。私は将来音楽を通して人々を楽しませたいです。だから私自身も音を楽しみたいです。

長くてすみません。
よろしくお願いします

A 回答 (4件)

さて、1つの参考として、「music」の英語語源と「音楽」の漢字の意味をならべた段落を設け、最初にご質問者様が書かれた英文を踏まえる形で、書き直してみました。

A great number of people all over the world like music.
Of course, I love mucis, too.
I like both playing and listening to music.
I also like 'watching' music. That is, I enjoy concerts or music videos, and so on.

世界中の実に多くの人々が音楽を愛しています。
もちろん、私も音楽が大好きです。
私は音楽を演奏することも、聞くことも両方好きです。
そして音楽を「見る」ことも好きなんです。「見る」とはつまり、コンサートへ行ったり音楽ビデオを見たりすることです。

By the way, the English word 'music' is written in only one word. The original meaning of 'music' is 'something brough about by the inspiration given by a goddess Muse. That's so romantic.
On the other hand, the Japanese word for 'music' is 'on-gaku', which consists of two kanji; one is for 'sound', the other for 'to enjoy'. So, music as a Japanese word literally means 'enjoying sounds'.

ところで、英語の「music」という言葉は1つの単語として書かれます。そのもともとの意味は「ミューズの女神から与えられたインスピレーションによってもたらされたもの」です。実に素敵な意味ですね。
一方、日本語の「音楽」という言葉は漢字2文字から成り立っており、それぞれの漢字は「音」と「楽しむ」という意味です。つまり、日本語の「音楽」とは文字通りに意味を言えば「音を楽しむ」ということなんです。

As a school subject, I have been 'learning' music, forgetting to enjoy it. I have noticed, however, that we should first enjoy music before learning it. A short-cut to a better learner of music is nothing but to enjoy sounds!

私はこれまで、学校の教科として音楽を学んでばかりいて、楽しむことを忘れていました。
でも今気づいたのです。学ぶよりも先に楽しむべきであるということに。
音楽の上達への近道は、音を楽しむことをおいて他にありません。

I have a dream.
I want to entertain people with my music in the future.
So, I want to, and have to enjoy every sound I hear much more than I used to.

私には夢があります。
いつの日か、自分自身の音楽で人を楽しませたいのです。
だからこれからは、耳に聞こえてくるあらゆる音を、以前よりおおいに楽しみたいし、そうでなければならないと思うのです。
    • good
この回答へのお礼

添削していただきありがとうございます!!
とてもわかりやすくて参考になりました。
ありがとうございました!!

お礼日時:2007/11/29 22:10

まず文章の内容そのものについてなんですが、

「音楽」と「音学」はまるで違う学問です。
学校でならう「音楽」のことを「音学」とは決して書きません。「音学」というのは「周波数や音場、人間の音の認知などを扱う、まさに『音』の学問」であり music のことは指しません。ですから、書かれた文章の趣旨そのものから見直していただく必要があるかと思いました。

ちなみに「音楽学」という学問はあります。

英語で music という1語であるのに対して、日本語では「音楽」=「音を楽しむ」という2文字からなることに着目されたのは面白い観点です。でしたら、英語の music が「Museの神がやってきて、耳から息を吹き込むことでもたらされたインスピレーションによるもの」という意味も踏まえてみてはいかがでしょうか。

インスピレーション(inspiration)という英単語は in-(中へ) spire(ラテン語で「吹く」の意味)を元にしており、「神が人に息を吹き込む」という発想があります。そして「Muse(ミューズ)」の神様によって吹き込まれた息が「music」を生むというのが語源的な意味なのです。

すでに書かれた英文で添削すべき箇所としては

Many people like music. >OK

Of course I like music too. >OK

I like playing music, listning music and watching music very much.
>listening musicは「listening to music」(listenのスペルにも注意を)
>watching musicは不自然。音楽は目で見るものではないからです。
musicという同じ単語が連発しますので、
I like playing, and listening to music.
とまとめましょう。
watching musicはこのままではよくないので、
I also like watching someone singing or playing music.
などと別の文で表現した方がよいと思います。

The music has only one word in English.
>'Music' consists of only one word in English
「音楽」という言葉は、英語でたった1語から成り立っています。

But the music has two words in Japanese.
One is to enjoy a sound, the other is to learn a sound.
>But, in Japanese, the word for 'music' consists of two kanji; 'on' for 'sound' and 'gaku' for 'to enjoy'.
So, 'music' in Japanese literally means 'enjoying sounds'.
しかし日本語では、「music」にあたる「音楽」という言葉は漢字2文字からできており、それはつまり「音」を意味する「おん」と、「楽しむ」を意味する「がく」です。だから日本語の「音楽」とは文字通りに意味を言えば「音を楽しむ」ということなんです。

I thought only advanced and was not able to enjoy a sound.
>I just thought only some skilled people was able to 'enjoy' sounds.
これまで私はてっきり、一部の技能に恵まれた人だけが音を「楽しむ」ことができるものだと思っていました。

However, I noticed. >OK

The music that does not enjoy a sound is not music.
>If we don't enjoy the sound, it cannot be called 'music' any longer, either.
音を楽しむことができなければ、それはもはや「音楽」とは呼べないと。

It is true music to enjoy a sound.
>I can say, even in English, 'music' means 'to enjoy sounds'.
実際、英語でも music とは「音を楽しむこと」だと言ってよいと思います。

It is very easy. But I forgot it.
>It is very easy, but I forgot it.
些細なことですが、and/butで文章をはじめないようにしましょう。(書き言葉としてのルール。会話調ならめずらしくありませんが)

I learned a sound so far.
>I have recognized that I was only 'learning' sounds, not 'enjoying'.
今まで、音を「楽しむ」のでなく、ただ「学んでばかり」いたことに気づきました。

The short cut to advancing is to enjoy a sound.
>A short-cut to a better learner of music is nothing but to enjoy sounds!
もっと音楽を上達する近道は、まさに音を楽しむことに他ならないんです。

I want to entertain people through music in the future.
>I want to entertain people through my music in the future.
「my」を補っただけ。

So I want to enjoy a sound.
>So, I want to enjoy sounds more now.
だから今はもっと音というものを楽しみたいと思います。
    • good
この回答へのお礼

詳しく解説していただきありがとうございます!!
とても参考になりました。
Musicの語源まで教えていただきとても勉強になりました!!
ありがとうございます。

お礼日時:2007/11/29 22:04

Many people may like music. Of course I like music too. I like playing music, listning to music and watching musicians playing it very much. Music is music in English. But music seems to have two aspects in Japanese. One is to enjoy sound, the other is to learn it. I at first wanted to master playing music so could not fully enjoy it . However, I noticed that what is important is to enjoy sound. It is true music is really for enjoying sound. It is very easy to understand. But I somehow forgot it. I learned just 'sound' so far. The best way to master music is to enjoy sound. I want to entertain people through music in the future. So I think it important to enjoy 'sound' myself.

原文に忠実に、こんなもんですかね。
    • good
この回答へのお礼

丁寧な添削どうもありがとうございます!!

お礼日時:2007/11/28 23:04

おっしゃいたいことを汲み取って書いたつもりです。

"sound""enjoy"がやや多くてしつこい感じがしますので、もしお気に召さなかったら違う言葉を探してみてくださいね。
Many people like music. Of course I like it, too. I like playing music, "listening" "to" music and watching concerts very much. There is just one word that means "music" in English, but music has two meanings in Japanese. One is to enjoy a sound and the other is to learn a sound. I used to thinkg of making progress and didn't enjoy a sound. However, I noticed that music without enjoying a sound cannot be called "music." We can call it music in a true sense when we enjoy it from the bottom of our hearts. Though it was easy to understand it, I had forgotten it for a while. I have been learning a sound so far and recently found that the fastest way to learn music is to enjoy the sound that music always has. I hope to make people enjoy sounds through music in the future. In order to do it, first of all, I myself would like to enjoy it.
    • good
この回答へのお礼

お気に召さないなんてとんでもないです!
添削どうもありがとうございます!!

お礼日時:2007/11/28 23:06

お探しのQ&Aが見つからない時は、教えて!gooで質問しましょう!