電子書籍の厳選無料作品が豊富!

友人と将来のことや人生観等を話し合うことが多く、今回も相手の気持ちをくみとって返信をしようと思っております。

しかし、下記の文章が完全の解釈があいまいで困っております。

お力をお貸しいただけると幸いです。

友人より頂いたメールです。

I don't want anything more out of life than to live peacefully and simply~ I don't believe people have a greater purpose, I think it's what they do with the time they have now which is most important! Anything after that is a beautiful mystery!

私は、人生では平和で、ゆっくりと暮らしたい。
でも人は素晴らしい目的(夢)を持つことが難しいと思うし...(その後意訳がまったく上手く出来ず、申し訳ありません)。

I realized that compared to all that is out there I am really a powerless nothing....but is it such a terrible thing? To be nothing? To be "something" in society means to conform to the rules around you, to choose we are either man or woman, lover or friend... I understand these roles but I feel more and more like rejecting them as I discover individual and universal beauty!!!

世間的に自分がすごく未熟だと思うけど、でも「世間に属さない」というのも悪いわけではないとも思う。
女性や男性、恋人や友達...

"I understand these roles but I feel more and more like rejecting them as I discover individual and universal beauty"

↑の部分は何を見つけるにつれて自分はどうなると述べているのでしょうか?

複数の文章の質問、申し訳ありません。
ご回答、お待ちしております。

A 回答 (1件)

単に一解釈としてお読みください

1.I don't want anything more out of life than to live peacefully and simply~ I don't believe people have a greater purpose, I think it's what they do with the time they have now which is most important! Anything after that is a beautiful mystery!

私には、平和で簡素に生きていく以上に人生に期待をしていない。つまり普通の人たちも、普通に生きる
以上の目的があるようには思えないし、それが彼らが一番重要だと思っている今という時を乗りきって
いる意味だと思う。それ以外のものは、美しい神秘なんだ(実在感がないの意味だと思います)

2.I realized that compared to all that is out there I am really a powerless nothing....but is it such a terrible thing? To be nothing? To be "something" in society means to conform to the rules around you, to choose we are either man or woman, lover or friend... I understand these roles but I feel more and more like rejecting them as I discover individual and universal beauty!!!

世間にある全ての事柄に比べると、私はホントに力のないものであることは分かっているが、
それがそんなに危険なことでしょうか?何者かになることはあなたの周りにあるルールに
丸く収まり、男であるか女であるか、恋人であるか友達であるか…を選択することを意味する。
そういった役割がなんであるかは理解するけど、役割の意味なんてものは
個性的で普遍的な美しさを見つけたときより、もっともっと拒絶したくなる。
    • good
この回答へのお礼

迅速なご回答、文章にあった意訳、ありがとうございます。
お互いのコミュニケーションをもっとスムーズにするためにも、言語、社会知識をもっと取り入れたいと思います。

本当に助かりました。

ありがとうございます。

お礼日時:2012/05/31 00:46