プロが教えるわが家の防犯対策術!

業務で下記の日本語の文章を訳す必要があり、やってはみましたが、うまく訳せず自信が持てません。どなたかご指南いただけないでしょうか。

原文(1):作品はThe World(Vertical/Horizontal), Parallaxの2つのテーマをお送り致します。どちらか1つのテーマのみ、または2つのテーマ共等、作品選出に際してはご一任致します。

英訳(1)A series of work called “The World”and “Parallax”are the artworks I have listed for your magazine.“The World” series is consist of two works, titled “Vertical”and “Horizontal”.
I am happy for you to decide which series of works, “The World” or “Parallax”, or both, you will list in the magazine.

原文(2):横長作品を見開きページにて掲載の場合は画像の中心が冊子の中央綴じ部分のノドに落ち込まない様、作品画像を左右どちらかにずらして掲載の事。

英訳(2):Please avoid the center of a long horizontal images being printed on top of saddle stitching. The horizontal image can cover two facing pages.

つたない訳ですが、修正していただけると助かります。
よろしくお願いいたします。

A 回答 (2件)

この「作品」というのは、イラストレーションかなにかなんですよね? それを出稿するんですよね? その時の指示のことですね?

でしたらば、vertical/horizontal ではなく、縦長はPortrait, 横長はlandscape, と呼ぶほうが、出版の世界では正しいと思います。

で、
I'm submitting two artworks "The World (Portrait/Landscape)" and "Parallax". I leave all up to your decision whether to post either or both artworks.

When you choose landscape artwork and layout it over two pages, please offset the artwork to either side of the pages, to make sure that the center of the artwork does not fall into the folding line.

で良いと思います!
    • good

英訳(1)    

I am sending you my artworks under two themes: one called “The World,” which consists of two parts, titled “Vertical”and “Horizontal,” and the other titled “Parallax.” I leave up to you the choice of adopting one or both in the magazine.

英訳(2): I would appreciate your displaying my horizontal images not across two facing pages.

とも。
    • good
この回答へのお礼

ありがとうございました。

お礼日時:2014/01/09 20:59

お探しのQ&Aが見つからない時は、教えて!gooで質問しましょう!